Windows 10 Enterprise

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by Ghost, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Well, Windows 7 obviously :D Win10 has been and is broken or at best a partially functional hybrid. I know it's just a transitional OS right now, but I'm not sure I like where it's going because imagine that everything (including Explorer!) will be a modern UI window. That's where they're going it looks like to me.

Ghost likes this.
  2. 57331

57331 Guest

Good old Linux exists too, if you need a secure operating system without spyware, telemetry, and purposely implemented shady backdoors for reasons. I recommend Qubes OS. I have been thinking about switching to Qubes OS for a long time now, and I'll probably get around to doing it someday.

Ghost likes this.
  3. Trouba

It does sounds good on paper, but when you're raised on Windows the shift isn't that easy. Then, to complicate things, there is the household dynamic. So the question to one's self becomes: "How big of a point are you really trying to make?" :D I actually looked into various Linux distros recently, but for general computing over various PCs, it's just not practical for me. It is much more practical for me to run updated Win7's and maybe one PC on Win10 (hardware requirements) than it is shifting to Linux. What I will say is that it's almost like Microsoft has been making the case for Linux.

I do think all the talk of telemetry and backdoors is at conspiracy level. It isn't even close to reality anymore. That stuff can be curbed quite easily, and if you're really paranoid about it use NTLite and cut out the components that communicate it (CEIP, asimov, etc.) and use hosts blocks and various apps that block it. Even then, it is anonymized info, it's not like they're looking at you personally as the big crime boss, lol. When I think of Win10, that is not the main thing I have an issue with and look at it more from the perspective of unnecessary activity and resources used on things I don't agree with. The irony of Microsoft's telemetry is that they're clearly not interpreting the data they do collect in a manner that actually improves Windows!

I am much more concerned about actual tyrants, dictators, and corrupt governments using encryption and Linux and/or Android and dark money to F democracy and us all. So the point "I am just as safe as Putin, using this" isn't quite the thing we want to be saying either. Maybe I shouldn't say this, or I get poisoned or thrown over my balcony :D

57331, bphlpt and Ghost like this.
  4. 57331

57331 Guest

Yeah, true. Windows app and game compatibility on Linux using Wine is still not really the best at times after almost like 27 years here or so. Of course, there is good old KVM as well, but unless you have a powerful GPU, an another GPU, a powerful CPU, and quite some RAM, then that doesn't really count as an option as well. Nice to know that not only Qubes OS exists, but there's also Whonix, Tails, Zorin OS (not really privacy-focused, and it's also apparently Ubuntu on steroids as well.), well, you get the point. Fun fact: installing Arch Linux without an installation guide is literally almost impossible to do so unless you have somehow memorized how to do it. You know, just saying.

Yeah, if anyone wanted to do some..... ahem. stuff that they are too scared to do on Windows and get caught as a result, then most likely they would just boot into something like Tails and use that instead. And yeah, I currently use good old O&O ShutUp 10 to block telemetry, so far it just works fine for me. NetLimiter can help too.

I can now see where you got the "thrown over my balcony" reference from..... https://www.npr.org/2018/04/21/604497554/why-do-russian-journalists-keep-falling. Well, looks like I am going to be now "accidentally" killed in an armed burglary gone wrong by the FSB.

Trouba likes this.
  5. Trouba

I've played around with TAILS and Whonix and some other options. With Whonix I've also set it up to where it uses its gateway but had a Windows OS on the other side (rather than the Whonix workstation) :D At the time I was trying to envision what data actually filters through in various setups. TAILS of course being very secure but if you have a lot of apps with logins or want to use anything not on the live OS, you'd have to create a storage drive, etc., and it seemed a bit cumbersome though no doubt secure. I remember vivid debates on forums about VPN vs no VPN when running TOR -- usually, people didn't know what they were talking about, just that there was a *possibility* that with VPN is less safe than without, to in the end just say "just use TAILS" lol.

Yes, that! Heck, almost half the people in the United States are more pro-Putin than they are pro-Biden now. America has almost become the most intellectually backward of all the Western nations now and the latter's greatest threat (due to enormous US military and economic power). The citizenry hollowed out and sought to keep dumb (purposely misinformed) by greed, the American oligarchs have finally wrought the destruction of the state. As I type this, I am amazed at with how little doubt and hyperbole I am able to say this. All you have to do as a corrupt politician and/or billionaire is to speak to people's worst instincts. I thought we had learned this lesson during the time of Hitler. The fake dream about America was "religious freedom" -- it was never true, the colonies were crown enterprises fueled by genocide and slavery. And now that "religious freedom" (and generally that alternate reality mindset) has become the greatest threat to progress. Not real religion/spirituality of course. They are decidedly not St. Francis or anyone like that :)

Not long ago I had a discussion with a *prominent* pastor and his wife here in the area where I live. They are in "Christian" media. This is the gist of what they believe, and I'm not distorting it:

- Trump was chosen by God. When you ask them how they can believe this, they will answer that God chose Trump not because he is a saint but in order to "change the system", him knowing that system (whatever that means). God realized that it would need to be someone who knows the system (translation: the system is going to help the system now, just like a hungry greedy dog is going to share his food with other dogs, haha). I mean, you'd have to look hard to find anyone who embodies the 7 deadly sins more than Trump does. Yet, to these "Christians" he has become their de facto savior. The implication is: God was wrong to send Jesus and bless saints. It didn't work. So now God is trying to pick the worst of the worst people to... what again? Not have federal resources allocated to abortions and have more tax-giveaways for the ultra-rich by the GOP? That? Or involving other nations (Ukraine, Russia, etc.) in sovereign domestic elections because they can't win anymore? What?

- They further believe this (please hold on to your seats): Israel -- again, whatever the F that even means -- is destined to become the Head of Nations. But America would never allow that. And this is why (yeah, were are going into utter insanity and domestic terrorism now) America has to be destroyed. And it will happen in the coming few years by a huge tsunami and other disasters. Then, America will be brought to its knees and Israel can rise to be the Head of Nations. Translation: they are actively hoping and praying that their own country will be destroyed so that their Israel fantasy can come true. I would also like to remind you here that they voted for Trump, which I think is significant in this regard.

- I said: "Surely you of all people believe in the separation of Church and State?" (This is in the US Constitution.) This pastor vehemently disagreed, saying that the Church should have a controlling stake in the government. I reminded him that the religious freedom he has now to even think that or utter those words are actually what the Constitution seeks to protect. He didn't understand what I was even talking about. He could not see that his religious freedom was being protected by the very thing he seeks to destroy. They have ZERO intellectual accountability.

- Finally I asked: "So from what you're saying, this is what I understand: You are very invested in Trump's presidency, saying this is the only way America will be saved. Yet, you believe that America will be (and will have to be) destroyed in order for Israel to rise. So are you saying that you voted for Trump IN ORDER FOR America to be destroyed? Because if that is what you're saying, I can understand why you voted for Trump." They blinked for a second and had a look of utter astonishment on their faces. They couldn't decide if they were just being confronted with their own insanity or if I was mocking them. I then had a look on my face that stated, "Don't look at me, you have literally said all this!" So again I said: "So all this Trump stuff (they even have a Trump flag ON THEIR HOUSE RIGHT NOW), you being pro-GOP, why are you invested in all this if you feel so certain that American has to be destroyed? Why even care about abortion when you are wishing that ALL AMERICAN CHILDREN will be dead?" Again, a look of astonishment. No accountability. They are literally one inch away from domestic terrorism and religious autocracy/theocracy.

These people's opinions have more leverage in the South than any sane, educated, well-wishing American does. They would literally rather have Putin than Biden. Literally. This is how far into insanity people have gone.

Anyway, yeah, Putin hates Navalny who was recently poisoned. It is at least the second time he was poisoned, his friend and fellow organizer got assassinated right in front of the Kremlin. Navalny has been involved in some of these docus so you understand Putin's crime syndicate isn't happy about that: |
    EDIT: Well, Trump is already signaling that mail-in ballots won't be excepted IF HE LOSES. Principled man, isn't he? And also he advised his supporters to get their guns ready. The war they lost about being able to own other human beings (slavery) has remained underground and is finally starting to surface as they endeavor to make slaves of everyone by taking away the people's rights and Constitution. Remember all those people voting their "principles" and voting Independent/Third Party? Thanks again for your ignorance, immaturity, and basically for being a traitor. As for the lost part of the electorate, no words suffice.

6. 57331

57331 Guest

First of all, curious - why the need to delete your post and edit instead when you have already made a new post? Anyways, are you referring to me or what? First of all, I don't even live in the United States of America, I actually live in the most southern country of the Baltic States (good old Lithuania here.). Why would I support someone completely against NATO and supportive of an authoritarian tyrant (Putin.) is completely beyond me. I wouldn't even support Putin as well, who, well, I could literally go on forever and forever about him, but one example is this: https://www.baltictimes.com/russia_...nia_with_its_jan_13_judge_probe__formin_says/.

I've played around with Tails in the past, but not with Whonix or Qubes OS here. Yeah. Fun fact: using a Windows gateway for Whonix is definitely not secure here. Also, nice to know that Tails comes with KeePassXC.

True - it's sad that the good old USA is literally the most powerful nation in the world, but yet it can't apparently have universal and free healthcare, a political system that's not a 2-party one, well, you get the idea, again, I could literally go on forever and forever here.

Yikes. Just yikes.

You can't also forget people such as Boris Nemtsov, a Russian opposition leader, who was mysteriously killed in an assassination in 2015, near the Kremlin and the Red Square. Coincidentally, the nearby CCTV cameras were also off for "maintenance" at the time, only one having managed to capture the assassination..... interesting.

Trouba likes this.
  7. Trouba

Haha, no, I'm not referring to you! Well, I added the new post but realized it was in the vain of my previous post, so I figured I would just edit and add it to the long post instead :) You just happened to be online, I guess. I was just venting about the completely broken system in the US, but I could understand it may have seemed a bit out of context here (it was about Win10 Enterprise after all, lol). And I somehow thought you were from Poland for some reason, but I learn now you are from Lithuania -- I never thought you were from the US. Never mind me, I'm just so fed up with this country at the moment. In fact, I'm working on not losing my dual citizenship so that I have options because I chose to live in the US, not Russia. I was born in Holland btw :)

57331 likes this.
  8. 57331

57331 Guest

Sorry, I just thought that for a moment here, you were referring to me, LOL. And you were almost close here, Lithuania and Poland are literal close neighbors with an alright relationship as of 2020. Fun fact: I unironically thought you were from Australia at first just like Glenn and soporific. Also, sorry if I was being somewhat rude here.

Trouba likes this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Trouba has grown a very thick skin, he suffers from not putting up with other peoples crap including people who strictly enforce made up rules on websites. We're a common sense bunch here, been dragged through the internet and the many forums we have been banned from just for having opinions :D

57331 likes this.
  10. Trouba

Glenn just called me an elephant :D

57331 and The Freezer like this.
  11. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Yeah, he should know by now you're a donkey ;)

bphlpt, 57331 and Trouba like this.
  12. Trouba

He couldn't have known the difference, not being American :D

57331 likes this.
  13. 57331

57331 Guest

Glenn and Trouba like this.