Windows 11: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by pacav69, Aug 15, 2021.

1. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

A windows 11 review

2. mircea

mircea Member

SO THIS HACK WILL WORK ON NEW LAST11?I MEAN GLENN ITS POSSIBLE TO INCLUDE THIS HACK IN THE NEXT WINDOWS11 BUILD?

3. mircea

mircea Member

THANKS VERY MUCH PACAV69:)

4. mircea

mircea Member

5. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I use WinNTSetup to install Windows from my LivePE, so I don't even need these registry key hacks, As stated in the video, don't expect the final version to continue to work if Microsoft control the update process, they can easily change the registry keys back to removed and fail to apply the update, fail to boot or limit the OS in other ways.

I agree that this shouldn't ever happen and that more and more users are migrating away from Microsoft, So if they want to try the locked eco system approach then eventually ARM and linux based OS's will bypass Intel/Adobe/Microsoft monopoly and they will fail anyway. We will see what happens. I am still interested to play with modding Windows 11, but I wont be in a rush at the very start to make a public one as ssWPI will work, SetupS should (we'll get it to), so the mod side of OS's takes a few more months to get right/worth deviating from the original vanilla OS.

That's my thoughts and plan, I am not the only modder here, so we'll see what they decide ;)

6. mircea

mircea Member

Hope that they are not that stupid to continue lock and restrict all.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  7. 00Proteus00

00Proteus00 Active Member

Modding 11 is a little different animal. For some reason, some modification alter the control panel so it doesnt show up anymore, just a blank page, no icons. Even clicking the .CPL file doesnt bring it up, then cant get it back, so scrap the build and start over. No inclination of what program does it, it just randomly happens after installing any random program while in AUDIT mode. I think i need to wait til the FINAL release of 11 before I invest too much time into these BETAS that are constantly changing.

mircea and Trouba like this.
  8. Glenn

Yes, it's fun to mess about with pre releases and make sure the tools work, but as for the tweaks and scripts, it's only a waste of time to fix glitches at this stage, if you have time, go ahead, but chances are they'll introduce new and improved bugs but the last release :D

00Proteus00 and mircea like this.
  9. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

In Oct it goes final (basically it will be build 22000.1 plus latest CU) there will then be a year or so of no feature updates. Then the next stage of Win11 comes along, so you have a year to mod stuff from Oct on :D

mircea and 00Proteus00 like this.
  10. 00Proteus00

Just a little something I have laying around from my android hacking days. A complete chrome/teal icon set, but this one is close to your heart, thought you might want it.

Attached Files:

mircea likes this.
  11. Glenn

Something fishy about that one /, i do like the idea though, being a Pisces and all that.

mircea and 00Proteus00 like this.
  12. 00Proteus00

lmao, I never even thought of pisces with that icon. I did a Yin Yan build March 2021. Even has the post installer and settings. Its actually a solid build. Ive been using it since March when I redid my OS's. Instead of quad booting, im just dual booting Win10/Mint 20.2

https://teamos-hkrg.com/threads/yin-yan-2021.145137/

Here is the actual one I use as a centered desktop tho.

Attached Files:

13. mircea

mircea Member

Indeed looks like two fish but colors are very beutiful.Can u make moore icons like this acording whit STAR WARS story?

14. mircea

mircea Member

For example instead of those two fish to be replace whit Palpadine head,or chewbaca head,or jedy cristal[life saber],or 501 clone helmet,droid head.....

15. 00Proteus00

I didnt make those. It was an old android Icon Pack. Has 1517 icons of EVERY sort.

http://prntscr.com/1qdd9sl
    http://prntscr.com/1qddav7

16. mircea

mircea Member