Windows Update Delivery Optimization OFF (reg tweak)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ghost, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

I do not know if this reg tweak is in any of the Last teaks but here it is. This I tracked through the registry, it is good for my usage now that I found it ..

It took me 2 hours to track this down in my PC , so yes this 1 is all me LOL

I did a clean install in a VM and it works for my needs

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Settings]
    "DownloadMode"=dword:00000000

This is for LTSC versions ( base LTSC and IoT ) as this is the OS I am using DAILY

If this is already in the reg tweaks somewhere, please just say Thanks LOL

Attached Files:

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

A lot of reg tweaks will NOT apply via a script you call, many of them only apply if you double click on them with the mouse or edit as an admin manually. Trust me, many times I found a tweak and try to integrate into a ssApp or first run .cmd and it will not apply it, yet if you double click on the .reg file it does... so don't be surprised if it doesn't stick as you hope. That particular tweak trouba and I change the setting in sysprep manually before capture so thats how we disable that one.

Ghost likes this.
  3. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

I do not capture VM's any more, but the reg tweak does work in a clean install added via $RegTweaks folder using the Run_02_Tweaks.cmd :)

I just happened upon a new way to edit group policy, copy the .pol file out and use it in a wim file for a no hassle reg tweak for those that do not stick, as I have experienced the not sticking reg tweak myself in the last few days.

I just tried the coping the .pol files out to a vanilla install in a VM and it works perfect all settings in group policy was stuck as I set them.

The Freezer likes this.