Woohoo finally have Win7 on my pc

Discussion in 'Misc Discussion' started by Steve Hedges, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Steve Hedges

Steve Hedges belveder

I have tried so many mods of Windows 7 and none have been completely successful but I finally found one that works. Has two drivers showing in device manager that aren't to be found which I have no idea what they are lol.

Anyhow this Windows works great, no lag or any issues others have given me.

The file i downloaded is _Getintopc.com_WIN7ULT.ENU.APR_2021

I had to change my OS install drive to MBR but that's no issue.

The reason I am posting this is cause it might help someone.

2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

It will be about drivers. If it has "install.esd" in the sources folder it will be a Win8 or Win10 based boot.wim (which already has drivers for newer hardware, etc.). If not they likely have injected drivers in both boot.wim, winre, and install.wim/esd to make it work. Unfortunately, it all isn't very clear in how such images are presented. There should be 3 tiers or so, meaning for original/older hardware (Win7-era and pre-Win7 era), more modern hardware, and newish hardware, because each approach you take with the image has drawbacks for older or newer hardware, depending. I would still say that, for newer hardware, the best bet is images made via the MDL tool that uses a Win10 boot.wim and automatically integrates updated and certain drivers; most images found on the internet are based on using that tool (but this will not work for old systems). Again, none of it is ever disclosed so people are left wondering where an image came from, who made it, what methods were used, etc. I'm glad it worked for you. In Device Manager, look at the hardware IDs of the hardware that has no drivers installed and google these id's to find drivers, if possible.

00Proteus00 likes this.