WTF Microsoft?

Discussion in 'Interesting/Unrelated' started by zdevilinside, Aug 17, 2015.

1. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I'm gonna say this will only apply to first-party games and stuff, not anything else. It doesn't surprise me, really. I wonder if those hosts file blocks and other privacy measures people are investigating (and we are, to an extent, adding to the Last10 Tweaks) will render any additional/3d party stuff untouched, anyway, but maybe they can affect 1st party stuff still.

But yeah, WTF, Windows Thwarts Fun :D

3. zdevilinside

The problem is that once Microsoft does this, it gives an easy vector for partners to add their aoftware to the block list.

4. Trouba

I am certain that one way or another, this will either not be implemented to that extent, or that ways can be found to undo this. But sure, it's not a welcome development for many users.

5. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  6. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

Roundabout and inscrutable ways of this world of ours work in devious ways, the more obstacles you put up to pirating, the more the pirate scene will grow. To those in the know it is not surprising at all.

7. Trouba

I thought it was just determined that this was not real :confused:

8. Glenn

Then this would make it a faith based response - without proof it is just a persons opinion. Currently all the loot I play with are working - so even if it does turn out to be true, I'll cross the bridge and remove the OS's as needed :D

9. Trouba

If you ever transcend all beliefs, let me know, I'd like to have a talk with you :D

10. Glenn

Well that can't happen for anyone...ever , because if you believe you have transcended beyond all beliefs then you would be wrong ;)

11. Trouba

No, you wouldn't believe it, because you would have transcended belief -- but I, in turn, could believe that, which is basically the basis for religion. In this case, that would be Glenniaty. And you would probably make profound utterances, like, "The first shall be lastOS" and stuff :D

Glenn and bphlpt like this.
  12. Glenn

1.Thou shalt not activate a legitimate OS key more than once.
    2.The right mouse button must be used as much as the left button.
    3.Any creation made on a PC must be shared for it to have any real value.
    4.Feedback thy code creator or be forever without new content.
    5.Sleep is a waste of thinking time, only get your 4 hours or be tired and bored from over sleeping.

...you get the point :)

bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  13. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

sounds like something from monty python about the holy hand grenade "thou shall only wait 3 seconds no more no less"

6. thou shall only do automatic upgrades no more no less
    7. thou shall always call home
    8. thou shall always use one search engine

bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  14. zdevilinside

What we WISH Micro$oft would implement....

Glenn and pacav69 like this.