ssWPI Updates

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Glenn, May 14, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I agree, iTunes asks to update even 2 days (it feel), reminds me of Apple, the problem is iTunes doesn't work properly if it's not the latest version, so having it updatable easily is important, let me know (once you do) if the app still lets you upgrade from it's menu or if you need to download the whole things yourself - like a caveman.

2. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry I can't be of help with your ssWPI game developments. I don't have a gamepad or anything like that but it sounds like you've made quite a few innovations to ssWPI. I'd kind of like to get the latest MGP but it's quite large and I don't know the games to make good decisions if I were to selectively download them. Mainly I don't need another distraction because I have so much stuff on my PC and I've been trying to sort it for months now. A lot of it is PDFs and audio/video talks and it is a bit overwhelming at this point. I must have been an archivist or collector in one of my previous incarnations, or if not that's what I'll be saying next time around :)

iTunes does let me check for updates from within the program, so I'm guessing this would mean it's updatable through the app, although I won't be entirely sure until the next version. By default the program is set to check for updates automatically, so it will check without the Software Updater, I'm pretty sure. If you go to Edit->Preferences->Advanced you can change the update setting there, as well as turn off the "Send diagnostic & usage date to Apple". This can't be automated via registry as it appears all their settings are saved in encoded (and probably user-specific) files in appdata locations.

Glenn likes this.
  3. Glenn

Code:
    ssWPI v17.09.21.0:

FIX: CPU usage was getting high just sitting on main GUI, I changed it so only user interaction would cause any redraws to occur, 0% CPU now.
    FIX: Top border on Description was erased by screenshot
    ADD: AllowDescriptionSelection=Yes This does what it says
    ADD: Right Clicking Description Selection will copy it to clipboard
    ADD: Support for adding Icons to Emulator MetaData (even using built in Editor)
    FIX: Edit Mode - Holding Alt while pressing Screenshot or Icon will repair corrupted Clipboard data (This bug has existed since I added the Edit ability and I finally found a work arround).
    CHANGE: I Enabled GDI plus to fix the above problem (ssWPI has now dropped support for pre XP OS's)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  4. Glenn

Seems the new ssWPI doesn't work in LivePE's currently, my guess is it is the Game Controller library being added, but it may be the GDIPlus being enabled, I am not sure if anyone still uses ssWPI pre install (I don't), so I don't even know if it's worth dropping features to add the ability back?

5. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Sadly, I'm not sure how you'd even do pre-install anymore -- or what the advantages would be if you could. :(

6. Spurs_dk

Spurs_dk New Member

When I try to run Games Launcher v17.9.21.0 and earlier versions. I get this error! It used to work.

upload_2018-2-11_17-8-4.png

When I set "Launcher=no" in ssWPI_Options.ini the program works fine, but not as Game Launcher.

Does anyone knows have to get it working again?

7. Glenn

It may be something to do with the controller support I added (since removed), I'll upload an updated fix for it one day soon, but for now you may have to enter the x:\ppGames\ and delete the ssWPI_*.ini files (the databases), go into the ssTek or ssWPI registry key and delete all it's content. This should fix the problem. The only other thing that could cause that problem is a dud ppGame in the collection.

8. Spurs_dk

Spurs_dk New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I tried to delete the database, but I could not find anything in the ssTek or ssWPI registry key .... So it did not work. But I found out that, if I changed "AddNonppGamesToLauncher=YES" to "=NO" then it worked.
    So maybe I have a game in my collection that does not work...

Glenn likes this.
  9. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

i cant download ?

10. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Seems the link is broken again, the files for ssWPI are actually in another location than the link ( FTP shows anyways ), Freeze we have a issue LOL

11. The Freezer

Ghost likes this.
  12. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

I would get a site issue thread going just for the time to time and day to day issues. Just a thought.

The Freezer likes this.
  13. Glenn

Code:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LastOS\ssWPI
    if you ever have ssWPI mess up for weird reasons delete the above key to fix it. i've not had time to look at why but I ran the launcher as Nvidia drivers were installing and the resolution change broke it, my guess is the values messed up that the current size was larger than the screen resolution, breaking it.

Ghost, bphlpt and The Freezer like this.
  14. 6100m

6100m Member

Can I have both of those packs maybe sometime, or the themes for that matter? I don't know which I like more, the aesthetics or the fact that there is freaking AOE 1 AND 2, which I love that game :D

Also note to The Freezer, I got that same error box too with the LastOS AppDisc while running it on LastXP. You're not the only one with that, gonna be honest.

15. The Freezer

Which error box was that ?? :what:

16. Glenn

The themes are all in the source code:
    http://www.lastos.org/tools/ssWPI/ssWPI_v20.04.21.0_Xojo2014.7z

The packs are not packs at all, that would be my collection, it is 690GB and will never be on the internet, I have since increased the size to closer to 1TB with the newer games being so much bigger, but I no longer have the ability to seed (Lack a house), I did send Soporifc a HDD with them all once in 2013 when it was under 250GB. The worlds changed and so have I, there isn't a big need for time saved anymore as everyone is willing to waste so much on Social Media or on time wasting games that contain nothing enriching or exciting and really do just fill in time. The ones who remain distraction free are happy with the classics (Like you said AOE or other classics), the OS's still work, we can avoid the online only and subscription model games and apps. If I had the time to spend doing more for myself I would share all of if publicly, I just do not anymore, I am lucky to spend and hour or two a week on a computer now and less on other time wasting devices, it's all about people now for me. I will always join in the conversation but I have gone from a details only logic centered person to a go with the flow, lets see what happens, just to stay alive. I am universally happy now. It took my whole life to get here and I am now really living. My time with LastOS was never wasted and I am always going to be here and part of it.

@Trouba @The Freezer @bphlpt @Ghost @-c0dez3ro- @pacav69 and the rest of you I am probably doing life wrong, but the thing I truly miss the most is the times we'd collaborate and come up with solutions bigger than just any one of us could alone. Thank you for giving my young life so much meaning/purpose.

17. mircea

mircea Member

Glenn its possible that thru ssWPI to be implemented as default a small chatroom every time when ssWPI or ssApp is used on any Windows image?So that anyone who will use a windows whit LastOs tools to have a direct chat whit all that use this tool from LastOs.

18. mircea

mircea Member

And to have 2 rooms.Main (this one can be hooked directly to to main chat from this site)and private.The name for this chatroom "LastOsChat".

19. mircea

mircea Member

20. mircea

mircea Member

I always like BORGCHAT.It was the first 2 chat that i use.:);)

21. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

im with you man i have move on to bigger things . got my cdls and now travel the world delivering product to where it needs to go and making great money .i may get on one or two times a month but thats it .ive not messed with any code in so long i feel like ive forgotten what ive learned from everyone here .id like to build an app to help me keep track with my job now but im a lost cat lol

22. 6100m

6100m Member

You know, you're not the only one I've seen do that during COVID. Frankly, my time was never wasted here either. I am really glad to have met you Glenn, and in the light of Windows hacking: you are a idol to me in my eyes.
    But yeah, screw modern games. I prefer AOE and Star Wars Battlefront II (the old one) and Flight Simulator 2004 and all those classics. It is rare I touch a game that is made recently.

Chive on buddy :) Till we meet again.

23. 6100m

6100m Member

Apologizes for double post, but yeah I mean the inet error. In fact, yeah, from what I've seen, LastOS AppDisc does not play nicely with XP, which I wish it did though, because LastXP installs could really benefit from it.

24. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I wonder if compiling with older versions of RealStudio (and therefore most likely older versions of ssWPI that were made with that) would make it work on XP.

6100m likes this.
  25. The Freezer

Or just use the ssWPI that came with the latest LastXP (v22 or SOX); coping that ssWPI over on top of the AppDisc's version. Of course, other problems might arise from the apps themselves not playing nicely with XP -- which might be the real problem with the AppDisc, in any case.

:coffee:

6100m and bphlpt like this.