ssWPI Updates

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Glenn, May 14, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ssWPI v21.10.21.1:
    CLEAN: Removed Themes and Emulation files (Revert to 20.04 for these files)
    ADD: -11 command line for locking to windows 11 detection
    ADD: Windows 11 now detected and available in presets
    ADD: -NoError command line to skip showing error on first run -install (when nothng selected in LivePE)

2. 00Proteus00

00Proteus00 Active Member

As always, gonna ask before distributing this in my builds. Is it ok for me to use this in upcoming LastOS & TeamOS builds?

3. Glenn

Yes, your welcome to use this in any form, it's open sourced, so modify it and share it as you like. It's untested, but should work fine, I kept the code edits to a minimum and I included the new -NoError so @Trouba could put the first run script back on without it showing an error if no apps were picked in the LivePE

00Proteus00 likes this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Freeze has not been here since Oct 8th, is he MIA?

5. Glenn

Code:
    ssWPI v22.06.29.0:
    ADD: Hold Control on boot to erase Registry keys, fixes glitch where items aren't shown or window doesn't open
    UPDATE: 7Zip in tools

bphlpt and The Freezer like this.
  6. Glenn

I am tinkering with a new Menu sorting with the LastOS Template (for games), the below SetupS has my previous fixes and the newer menu included. More testing is needed, but I am using it based off Steam's categories and I have had a hard time finding icons now that google search filters to be nice with the EU Laws... I preferred it when Google brute force and stole everyone's media, could find 1000's of icons per search, now it's lucky to find 30 and all of them are S#!t.

www.lastos.org/team/glenns/SetupSbeta/SetupS-Newest

I also updated ssWPI and put it in the public ssWPI versions. There was an issue where if the path it scanned wasn't writable for whatever reason it would crash ssWPI, now it starts it up anyway and skips writing a DB file.

00Proteus00, bphlpt and Trouba like this.
  7. Glenn

8. Glenn

New ssWPI and SetupS with some minor adjustments to menu sorting, added .mp4 support, some ssWPI features for extracting icons and converting from EmulationStation gamelist.xml to ppGames and vice versa. Added ability to drag and drop .mp4's in edit mode.

Prepping for main release also.

I built a new LivePE, but it was bigger, slower and more buggy, so I reverted back to the one Trouba uses, with a few updates to ppAppsLive.

Trouba likes this.
  9. Glenn

I have cloned the old builder and updated the apps and tools, now it's working right, I also added SetMaxRes to auto start and will give that a go, to fix the VMWare issue and make it have more screen real-estate. So the PE will be new after all.

10. Glenn

Code:
    ssWPI v22.09.19.0:
    ADD: Ability to press + and - to resize the fonts in the Lists and Description
    ADD: Ability to press Alt to show the MenuBar
    CHANGE: Default MenuBar to off for release version
    ssWPI v22.09.15.0:
    FIX: Deltree now uses DeltreeFast to stop ssWPI waiting for temp paths to be cleared to continue (where applicable)
    ADD: .mp4 support - See Options to enable movie and set volume, 'Use MoviePlayLength=20000', 'MovieDelay=3000'
    FIX: Added more reg fail checks (stop crashes)
    UPDATE: SetupS & 7Zip in tools
    ssWPI v22.08.04.0:
    FIX: Added a error check to SaveLocalDB (Incase it fails it will still open ssWPI).
    UPDATE: SetupS & 7Zip in tools

bphlpt likes this.
  11. Glenn

As I am playing around with linux again I have tested ssWPI on Linux (Zorin v17) and noticed that the newer ssWPI with Video files played will not work on Linux. I am curious if anyone has been using the Video preview's for their apps/games in ssWPI or should I just take it back out and pretend I never integrated it, of cause the older versions that have it will continue to offer it, but as I need to use the IDE to enable that feature I have no way to disable it if it detects it's in Linux, meaning it's either have videos or have Linux support. I know which I feel is, and will be more important to support, just checking it's something we can all live without first (Video previews disabled fully).

I agree with Ghost, Windows 11 sucks and is getting worse, I have to let Windows go and just dual boot it with Linux as my main OS. It's time and I am sick of MS getting away with their dodgy decisions, I mean at least I am asking before I ditch a feature I put in my code.

BTW

I haven't been using my computer much and it's now the school holidays, so I'll still not have much time to spend on things myself. I am just planning on starting the new year on Linux on my main PC.

12. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

While I really like the concept of having the video previews, I would think especially for games, I will admit I've never used them, and since I'm not a gamer anyway...

As to Windows, I know you usually like to use the latest, and particularly like some of Win11's features, but you might want to reconsider and use Win 10 Ent IoT LTSC, since it will be supported until 2032.

unitop4 likes this.
  13. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

video preview is more of a nice to have but not essential.

i'm on the win11 pro insider channel and every time i look there is an update what seams to occur every 5 mins forcing a reboot i'm tired of these updates so i'm thinking to revert to win 10 just to remain stable.