Last10x64 2015.11

Discussion in 'Last10' started by -c0dez3ro-, Nov 30, 2015.

1. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

tested and errors in vm
    if this needs to be moved somewhere else please do so
    ee.png
    ef.png
    ger.png
    wfwf.png

john wesley likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Pretty self explanatory - you ran out of ram - you need 2048MB of ram in the Virtual Machine , Only tested it with Virtualbox 5.0.10 and you need to make sure it's set to Windows 10 x64 - if all these things are met you can install it on a VM.

3. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I didn't download last10 yet, but tried the new MS iso in VB, and it kept crashing the display driver (with 4gb ram). Haven't had that with previous versions or Win or previous Win10's, etc., so must be new Win10 in relation to VB. I'm going to stay with Win7 for now because it's just snappier than Win10 (Win10 is laggy in comparison) plus it's not ugly; not sure what to do with those half-backed store apps anyway, so what is the use of the OS otherwise? It's good to have around though, so I'll probably download Last10 (either this or next one) for the automation tricks, though I think I have all that worked out already when I was playing with Last10 Ent for myself. Been thinking of getting a tablet so then I considered Win10, but I think I'd actually rather have an Android tablet with good specs.

4. Glenn

I get better performance from Windows 10 than Windows 7 except when I have Windows Defender enabled - then it's constantly using RAM and disk with the System resources and RuntimeBroker, also the search indexer etc etc - so yeah by default it's not better, but a bit of work it's at least even with it.

5. Trouba

The one thing that I think Windows will be better about is updated OS for tablets; with Android devices they will mostly only support one major version update (like from 4.x to 5.x) but not more. I was looking into getting that ASUS tablet with 64gb storage and 4gb memory (it's like $270) but they are saying it won't even get the Marshmallow update. So really you have like 1 year (or maybe 2 if you're on a Google device) where you can count on updates, after which the tablet just becomes obsolete, so to speak.

6. Glenn

Yeah, depends on what your planning on using your Tablet for, they never become obsoleted if they are android, my P1000 tablet still runs and will attempt to run any app/game you can currently get, although not very well if it's 3D or over a few hundred MB as it only has 256mb RAM total.

I run this OS mod:

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/

Trouba likes this.
  7. Trouba

Trying this now (Cyanogenmod) on my Nexus 7 2012, wish me luck :D

EDIT: Ha, it worked :D I'll have to see if the performance is good after a couple of days. Since Lollipop it was downhill with performance on the Nexus 7 2012. Some things are just painfully slow and laggy.

Glenn likes this.
  8. Trouba

I think it came out OK, performance-wise. I did have 2 out of 3 of my fav ereader programs crash upon first use, to then never crash again afterwards (weird). Otherwise it seems no problems, plus I kind of like the Cyanogenmod mods and extras. Since it's a Nexus, it was kind of ridiculously easy to do this install via Nexus Rootkit (basically a few clicks).

9. Glenn

Yeah I like it much more, seems to glitch out every now and then, but I try to keep my device limited to basic work and nothing critical, but the original OS on my tablet was buggy and less useful (I tried to avoid using it) so that is why I gave it a go - was cool to have up to date features in a first gen device, I prefer it over my iPod 2nd Gen anyway (I get all these things 2nd hand, so don't think I am one of them gadget junkies, I just tinker with everything, usually to unlock/jailbreak/homebrew/emulate or add features to all the things I do manage to get cheep.

10. Trouba

The Nexus 7 2012 version (first one) ran well under KitKat (4.x) but because it's a Google device they rolled out 5.x to it as well, but that really made the tablet unusable. So even though the custom ROMs of Lollipop are better than stock, performance-wise, it still made the tablet too sluggish and hangy. So I found a ROM called OmniROM, with is a custom and updated KitKat, and installed the Micro version of the Open GApps, and now it's running like new again (maybe better) (y) I will say without the Nexus Rootkit, I almost definitely would not have come this far, because the kit makes it so easy.

Glenn likes this.
  11. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Also, I highly recommend looking into F-Droid as well. There's a reason it's not offered on Google Play -- and it's not because of any "non-compete" agreement either ;)

Trouba likes this.
  12. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

zRe-Tweaks.exe
    10Tweaks.exe
    Last10.Tweaks_2015.10.27_ssApp.exe
    Win10regs.reg

Do i really need all these .?

13. Glenn

Ask Trouba, he'll also agree that - yes, yes you do :D

-EDIT-

The re-tweaks are just my difference to Trouba's preferences - they actually re-enable Modern/Universal apps to have access to camera/mic and location etc.

We apply them before logon, after logon and I also pick them from ssWPI, because the damn tweaks really hate being applied in Win 10.

14. Jotke

Jotke Guest

Trying this now :)

15. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

16. Glenn

I use CyanogenMod for a couple of years on a 7" Tablet, so it should be pretty good if it's based on that IMO.

17. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

I used it from about 2010 - 2015ish. I then went to upgrade the build for my Nook HD+ after I refound it after the home burglary (isn't it amazing the things you find in boxes in storage when you don't have anything to use currently). I went to look for the latest build, so that CyanogenMod was gone and saw that Lineage OS is the replacement. I like it so far. :)

18. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

I too used CM for quite a while -- until they went commercial (well, that and they quit supporting many devices for some reason).

But if you could get it on your device it was very good.

19. junjun

junjun Guest

guys .link me an update of windows.. from here just like the earlier os lastxp ,last7,CosmOS that you made.i downloaded an last10x64-2015-11 since 2016 there was so many bugs like window start up log in pop up password i didn`t put password...

20. Glenn

I will build/compile a new RS5 LTSC (Based on the Teams efforts, not my own) to release by next Friday, it will have bugs fixed from all previous releases, but no new features as I've not been using computers much for a while now, so it will be a simple mod with basic apps, it will allow adding Store UAP but wont have it enabled by default. I wont re-release it anywhere else, so if anyone wants it remember to check at the end of Next week as I don't re-seed my releases - if they are good enough then others will and they will be easy to get, if they are crap they get lost in time ;)

Spurs_dk and unitop4 like this.
  21. Glenn

22. junjun

junjun Guest

thanks sir .. ill try this 1 i like the apps that u made i am using apps since 2014 ^^