Last10 LTSC x64 RS5 2019.04

Discussion in 'Last10' started by Glenn, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Here is my 2019 LTSC public release, it contains less apps than previous releases as you can grab them from our Repository place them into the USB drive under the \ssAppInstalls folder run Menu and pick Install Apps, right click the List of Apps and press (Re)-Scan for Items.

You can use any method to create a bootable install media, but remember you need to use FAT32 if you are using Secure Boot (UEFI).

The theme is set to Dark by default.

You can choose to Add/Remove Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge from ssWPI, you have the option to disable Defender.

To install the apps simply open the DVD/USB and run Menu.exe picking Install Apps.

This release has SavePE based on Win10PE SE Release - Extended Support. If you have any trouble installing using Windows Setup it offers WinNTSetup 3, this works by extracting the install files to the drive letter you prepare using Partition Manager.

Once you have a clean configured installation you can boot from the USB and use Terabyte True Image to backup the C: drive to restore any time your OS has problems, to make sure you have everything backed up you are best to change the Documents Drive letter to a non C: location and move the location of Downloads to a non C: as well, this means your desktop and documents are not wiped if you restore your OS drive

Included Apps:
    Code:
    !Add Microsoft Edge To LTSC v2019.04.08 x64
    !Add Windows Store to LTSC v2019.04.08 x64
    !Disable Defender v2017.07.13 R2
    !Disable OneDrive v2017.05.27
    !Disable Store v2017.05.27
    !Disable Windows Search v2017.05.27
    200 System Fonts v2011.11.06
    7-Zip v19.00
    Active@ Disk Image Free v8.0.3
    Active@ Disk Image Free v8.0.3 x64
    Adobe Lightroom Classic CC v8.2 x64
    Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 v20.0.4.26077 x64
    Apply LastOS Win Power Settings v2015.09.04
    Apply Minimal Win System Protection Settings v2015.09.04
    Apply Quick Launch Toolbar (1 Line Version)
    Atomic Alarm Clock v6.3
    Autopano Giga v4.4.2 x64
    AVS Video Converter v11.0.1.632
    Bookworm Adventures 1
    Cake Mania 2 - Back To The Bakery
    Calculator For Win 10 2015.10.25 r2 x64
    CCleaner v5.55.7108
    Clipname context menu extensions
    ConvertXtoDVD v7.0.0.31
    DirectX Runtimes 9.0c Complete v9.29.1962
    Driver Magician Lite v4.83
    DxO PhotoLab v2.1.1 x64
    Everything (Search) v1.4.1.935
    Foxit Reader v9.4.1.16828
    Gamers Runtimes Lite v2.2
    Games Launcher v19.3.13.0
    Google Chrome v72.0.3626.96
    Hash Tab v6.0.0.34
    ImgBurn v2.5.8.0
    Insaniquarium
    IrfanView v4.52
    K-Lite Mega CodeC v14.8.4
    KMSpico (Activate Windows & Office) v10.2.0
    Last10 Tweaks 2019.04.09
    Luxor 1
    Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder v2.0.10.13
    MediaInfo Lite v18.12
    MP3Gain v1.2.5
    MS Visual Runtimes AIO (Plus) 2019.02.28
    MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser 4.30.21170
    Notepad2-mod v4.2.25.998
    Open-Shell v4.4.135
    Partition Wizard Home Edition v9.1.0
    Paste As File v2.1.4.0
    PE Explorer v1.99
    Photomatix Pro v6.1.1 x64
    PhotoZoom Pro v7.0.6
    PortraitPro v15.7.3
    PTGUI Pro v10.0.7
    qBittorrent v4.1.5.0
    Recuva v1.53.1087
    Sanitize v1.19.2.4
    SetupS SendTo Suite v17.12.3.0
    SoftMaker Office Pro 2018 946.0211 R2
    Speccy v1.32.740
    System Explorer v7.1.0
    TeraByte Image v3.20.0
    UltraISO v9.7.1.3519
    UltraUXThemePatcher 3.6.0
    Unlocker v1.9.2
    Unstoppable Copier v5.2
    Windows 10 Themes 1.0
    WinRAR v5.70
    WizFile v2.06
    WizTree v3.28
    Default Password: password

Date of Release: 2019 Apr 11th
    Size: 6.69gb
    CRC32: 7CED1845
    MD5: A0A8948B4177BEA80B65B13D72BAE872
    SHA-1: 7904A531052FDCE2C862F9B26A6F041C60AE914A

Code:
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2710386c1a47a864d9c651a02a67485564866724&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&dn=Last10_LTSC_x64_RS5_2019.04.iso

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019
    john wesley, Johnrw, vanTorX and 11 others like this.
  2. unitop4

unitop4 GUINEA PIG TESTER

LOVING THE NEW BUILD. Well done!!

3. Glenn

Lucky I seeded this early, a mere day later and one of my 4TB portable HDD died, I keep backups but the system was locked up so it wouldn't have been available for the 8 or so hours it was down. First time in many years I am attempting a full Low Level Format using HDDGURU's tools. Very disheartening when such a large one dies only 2 1/2 years old and used less than monthly for a few hours (being a backup disk).

I mentioned the default password in above post for any new users of LastOS releases.

The main Win 10 OS is only so great from the efforts of the team, I attempted to clone the results, but mine were GB's larger and the updates we re applied post install, not to mention the non logon bug where it would loop until booting in safe mode once. Anyway I figure out using NTLite to do the updates and cleanup were the best action as it was only 200MB bigger with the 168mb April updates applied and integrated.

The apps are from the efforts of team members who build and share them, if anyone else has time to build new or updated apps to share, let us know and we'll give you access to FTP space to help keep things available in the repository of Apps mentioned in above post.

4. Pesti

Pesti Guest

Hi Glenn,
    For some reason when I tried to use your links I get the message "No files detected in the given URL" I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong if anything...I'd appreciate any suggestions when you have the time
    Thanks, Pesti

5. Glenn

You will need to use qbittorrent, utorrent or something similar to download this link, it is not a direct link. the attached file can be downloaded and extracted to open a torrent file in many download managers that support torrents, but for the magnet link you will need a torrent client instead.

junjun likes this.
  6. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

That and XenForo can't handle magnet-url's as links either -- it always prefixes it with "http://" -- and it doesn't look like they'll fix that any time in the near future. Which is odd because phpBB has had magnet-url links working for a long time now. That is probably why many torrent-related forums I've seen use phpBB instead -- at least I've not yet seen any using XenForo.

(Though could also be because phpBB is free / open-source. :lol:)

The only workable way with XenForo is to copy the magnet-url from the code box and then paste that into your torrent client -- hint with uTorrent, use Ctrl+U to automatically paste the link.

junjun likes this.
  7. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

I removed the "link" above to avoid confusion. :)

junjun, Glenn and The Freezer like this.
  8. junjun

junjun Guest

i tried & i like it... its simple & very soft

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      219.2 KB
      Views:
    Glenn likes this.
  9. Pesti

Pesti Guest

Questions..How does Last 10 handle Telemetry, updates, do they override your tweaks ? Is there anything I need to pay attention to in order to have personal control over these issues?

10. Pesti

Pesti Guest

Scratch that..this is the enterprise edition...I'm getting there...lol

11. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

A lot of telemetry-specific registry tweaks are applied during install, and most if not all of these remain in place even with updates. Besides this, there is a 10,000+ line hosts files included which will disable a lot of Microsoft's telemetry activities as well. It is always possible that new updates could introduce new telemetry methods but probably negligible. There are also a few apps that can control telemetry for Win10, such as W10Privacy (https://www.winprivacy.de/english-home/) -- I incorporated some additional tweaks from this app into reg tweaks that should now be part of this Last10 release.

12. Pesti

Pesti Guest

Welcome Al!! to "Install Adventures of the Uninformed" WARNING: Do not read past this line if your not into STORIES I get really long winded sometimes and I make no apologies for it

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, But I really need some help. I bought a laptop (Thinkpad E475) for my daughters Birthday. It didn't come with a hard drive so I decided to install last os ten .So i did the install last night everything seemed to go fine. I need to get this in the mail today, She lives in California, I'm in Maryland. So I turn it on cuz I wanna put some pics on it that she wants and I go to sign in, I don't see her name.. just home user ??, but I put the password in anyway nope doesn't work...hmm so I rest the log in menu and I put her name in and the password ..nope , wth..so i keep trying cuz I really don't wanna go thru this install thing again. Then I start looking around for my pass reset disk (not the windows one, the linux one ;) Can't find it ...damn so I don't have time for this. I get the install drive back out and proceed to reinstall windows, except this time i'm paying close attention to the user setup, making sure the name is there and password, I hit apply go to the next tab change a few things in the set up menu AND RESTART
    just to make sure the settings stuck..and ..uh oh dammit I should have formatted both partitions cuz when I ran this set up I installed on the data drive like an idiot ..now its wanting to dual boot...whatever, that's not gonna happen anyway cuz who know what the password was that install wanted So now I need a boot editor BCD, I guess so I can get rid of this confusing stuff, I can navigate it , my daughter ...nope I wonder if that app will work on this..hmm
    Somebody shoot me!! it's 12;30 in the afternoon on sat and the post office closes at one today I can't send this thing out like this I haven't even installed all the drivers or apps yet...so this is definitely a work in progress, so for now here's my question should I use a boot editor to take away the options and if so which one works with this os....:what:

13. Trouba

All you would have needed to do is use a bootdisk like Active@ Boot Disk that features a utility called Password Changer that allows you to reset the password on user accounts. I see Glenn didn't include it in his ppAppsLive on this Last10 iso, but I used to add it for this purpose but perhaps he has a different method for that.

As for the other problems, not quite sure what is going on, but if there is personal data to salvage still from one of these drives, do so from within the LivePE or Active@ Boot Disk or whatever you use for this, and save it to a usb drive or something. After that, from same LivePE, erase the partition table from the data drive you erroneously installed to so that no partition shows up. You can do all this from a good bootdisk like Active@'s with some kind of partition manager -- see Glenn didn't add a partition manager to the ppAppsLive apps (those load in the PE) so I'm not sure you could do it with that iso, so may have to use another PE with more disk tools. You may even do the same for your primary drive and then only partition that drive at first, so no other CAN show up yet, and partition the secondary drive later.

14. Pesti

Pesti Guest

Thank you Trouba for your reply,
    unfortunately for me I ended up with one of those headaches from hell after all this stress, I used to be able to grind on relentlessly figuring out this stuff but now i just don't have the patience for it. and being able to do that was the only reason I could since I'm pretty much self taught . If I didn't have the answer I'd work until i found it, the glory of the internet, the information is there somewhere. So here I am Monday night still looking at this damn laptop. I will say one thing tho it just tickles me pink what Glenn has done with this Os, and anyone else that's contributed. From the time I started getting those nagging upgrade notices from MS, I had a weird feeling about something they were willing to give away, That's not what they do. there had to be a big catch, and there was. So I avoided it like the plague, waiting and hoping someone would fix it... The first modded os i ever played with was Black XP by Kirk, that was a real treat . Here i am getting off the subject, sorry So i guess what I need now is a boot editor so I can at least fix the way its presented on startup , my daughter isn't the brightest bulb in the pack when it comes to explaining computer stuff, and right now its still giving the option for 2 installs and even when i pick the right one it still shows two sign in options, the one for her name and another for her name and then user..real confusing

15. Glenn

I been away for Easter sorry. Firstly I wasn't aware Active@ was able to reset the password, I thought it was merely a System Image tool, sorry about that, if you place it from an old release back in to the ppAppsLive folder it'll be available again, I do in fact use Magic Jellybean Password tool and reset the user/password again.

I guess a tip to stop problems in the future is reboot once before you sign in to a live account (just in case), I have never personally had this problem so can't guess why. Anyway by default I create a User called User and set the Password to password, this will be the password until you change it (you will need to type password to change it even so if you never then it wont be there), secondly if you create a new user instead of just using user and signing in with Windows Live user/password then it will have a new \users\{Username} folder as well as keeping the User folder - not a problem, just saying how it works.

The MS updates were only for Dot.NET and Defender (if you never disabled it from LivePE or ssWPI), any other Windows updates will be for your hardware and you should usually let that happen except install nVidia or AMD/ATI drivers manually post reboot.

You should be able to delete the windows, program files (x86), users, ProgramData folders from your D: drive in the LivePE, this will clean things up. 2nd step should be delete all partitions from that disk except the D: Data partition, picking Unpartitioned space as the install disk, this will write a new boot menu and not require the BootBCD editing, I have included bootICE in the LivePE, but never got around to testing it works and is easy, but that was the method I was planning on for boot menu editing without all these steps.

If you want to not use the User name and Password you can actually edit the AutoUnattend.xml file on the USB install disk and change those two options. If you go the Windows Live sign in method you have to verify the account using your eMail address to get a code, just an annoying step you have to do.

Sorry you had troubles with this, it was made to save time and cure headaches, but I guess I can't predict all problems that may occur.

16. Pesti

Pesti Guest

Hi Glenn,
    You don't have endless hours and a corporate budget that might afford you the time and initiative to address every conceivable issue wannabees like me might encounter during an install. I get that and understand completely. No apologies are necessary.
    Like I said, I've been into custom Os's for a long time and I know what I'm in for if I choose to dabble. The fact that you make yourself available to help out with issues is straight up awesome and commendable. Your standing behind your build. That kind of dedication is just about unheard of. Tell me where I can donate to something and I will. I'm not rich, not even well off, but your contribution to my computing experience, comfort and security deserves whatever I can afford to give.
    That said, Back to the issue of
    the "Birthday Present", lol I bumbled my way thru it and sent it off, she'll figure it out or she wont, If she can get off her high horse know-it-all attitude and call me for help I'll guide her thru it, otherwise she can shuck out whatever it will cost her to have some hack at best buy install a standard Os for her, Her call..
    I have a new delema to work on and if you have a little time to throw some advise my way I'd really appreciate it, My desktop quit on me a month ago and I decided to just abandon it and and get something more up to date (for me anyway) I can't afford brand new stuff and even if I could the fact that hardware's relevance diminishes on practically an hourly bases now days is depressing to say the least. I can't keep up anymore and believe me I try. I managed to learn enough over the years to build and repair computers for friends, relatives and acquaintances, when it was still work to figure out how to configure and install just to make the darn things turn on. Then my life got weird and I went thru a divorce and I got away from it for a while, that little hiatus cost me dearly. While I wallowed around in self doubt and remorse, all the things "Computer" that I needed to keep learning just built up to the point that now i feel like a complete newbie. The last Os I learned well was Win 7, and it's on its way to the bone yard. Anyway let me know if you can help and I'l come back and bore you with my banter and the details..

17. Glenn

He he he, I wish I was trained to work with Windows 10 myself, in fact the only skills I have with modern OS's is that you need a FAT32 for a UEFI Secure boot install - which allows faster boot up's. As for figuring out where to find things that you know in win 7 but can't find in windows 10 - the fact is Microsoft has depreciated many features and settings from Windows 10 so that anyone can mess about and restore it if they really bork it up (you even get sent to a recovery menu to restore a system backup, revert to previous good drivers, in fact the only thing you don't get is safe mode with a hot key anymore, to access that you need to hold in shift and press the power button on the login screen and pick reboot with safe mode - weird right? Networking is even more of a lost cause now, I can't stand windows 10 and it takes a lot of messing about to get PC's to talk to each other and even then unless your lucky you'll have to type the PC's Ip address or PC Name manually in to the address bar of explorer as Network is filled with TV's, Chrome Casts, Printers and all sorts of other junk but has no PC's listed.

Now automation of Windows 10 Installation is the same as Windows 8 and remnants of windows 7's with a few new additions, I no longer learn what each thing does and just do my best to find google examples on how to stop a screen/option from showing and add that to my existing one I use. You no longer have to include a Key in your AutoUnattend.xml anymore, but you need to set the type of OS in EI.CFG. Not sure your interested in that side of things or just repairs and recovery so will leave it there for now.

As for hardware, I am using a PC I brought in 2014 with all the same hardware, I made sure I got the best I could afford at the time with focus on a good board, chip and great memory a SSD and I only got a mid range GFX as I planned to upgrade it to play newer games when I had more time to play - I never spent long enough on new games, thus I still have my nVidia 550ti and that is able to do everything I want EXCEPT I have a photo editing screen now that is 4k resolution and by default my card doesn't work with high res screens, so I manually add them using nVidia's Custom Resolution options. So if you have the money to get a new PC, focus on getting the best stuff that isn't upgradable Motherboard and CPU/Memory) and then get a basic Graphics (or use Built in one) until you can save up enough to get a reasonable card to put in after saving for a bit.

I had my Data/Personal drive fail last week, I lost my updated Last 10 builder, my latest downloads and my music collection and many other bits n pieces , I still have a backup from November last year, but that seams like a life time ago, so if I can give you one bit of advice, keep a monthly backup as a minimum, it is the 6th Seagate HDD I have had fail, I have only had 2 Western digital HDD's fail and I have 3 times as many of them in service, so pick Western Digital if given a choice.

If you have a list of questions or interests you want to discuss, just write them out, if you do, I'll move them to a new thread so we don't bother anyone only wanting information on Last10 LTSC :)

Johnrw likes this.
  18. Trouba

Seagate sucks so bad... I haven't bought one of their drives in years but I hear they still aren't up to par with WD. WD has been good for me, in the time before SSD's (or affordable ones, that is) I used to get the WD Blacks which are more performance oriented and they lasted me a good while. When some finally did die (I ran them in RAID for a while) I did receive replacement (due to their 5 year warranty) but you don't get new ones, you get whatever loosely corresponds with what you had before, and by that they mean you could even get a 5400rpm drive, they really don't care. I did get more storage, I think I had a 640gb black and got a 750 blue in return, whatever and that one still runs after many years now. Yet with SSD's I probably wouldn't get a WD, it seems these traditional HDD manufs aren't as good at making SSD's as companies like Micron/Crucial and others. Intel similarly, I wouldn't get their SSD's either probably. Good Mobo and CPU are vital, because you don't want to have to mess taking those out because that means a full rebuild plus it makes for much less trouble to have a good functioning mobo. It's crazy how long ago my system upgrade has been, but it's still running great and is overclocked at 4.5ghz (i7) and another same but an i5, this is all Sandy Bridge generation. This is another reason I'm not keen to leave Win7, because there aren't many driver options once you go past your hardware era, Win10 will have one graphics driver option and that's it, so once you have instability like I have with Win8 drivers for example, you're screwed.

Glenn likes this.
  19. carter67

carter67 Guest

Downloading now.. thanks

20. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

@unitop4, I downloaded some other similarly sized file off mega recently and it sucks, stops you at 2 or 3GBs and you can continue after like half a day or something. Much better is free acct @ Mediafire where I think are no restrictions or none that I ran into yet. Once I put up download link on another forum to a game client 6GB big and it got downloaded by people hundreds of times over several months and it still worked and downloaded in one go. I think mega (I call them megasuck) is more popular and they may need to put such limits on downloads (or they try to make you get paid acct).

@Glen, if the failed HDD still spins, there is a hope, I can supply links to download recovery software of many kinds if you don't have source for that or sign in to https://www.filecatchers.com/board
    And there is some hope even if the drive is not spinning. I had 2.5" mechanical drive dead like door nail and I opened it up on a reasonably clean but normal table, no clean room, and nudged the heads since they seemed to be stuck over the platters, they snapped back to parked position, I screwed the lid back on and fired it up and it works to this day, just I don't trust that drive anymore, but it works.

@Ttrouba, I got 4 bay NAS and so far run it with just one 8TB Seagate IronWolf drive, no raid, and was looking around on opinions which hdds to go with. Option is really between Seagate IW and WD Red line of hdds. WDs are on average a tad more expensive even while running at slower rpms which would seem to indicate safer choice. But many have opinion that it is like Russian roulette as to the reliability of either make. You may have just cemented my inclination to WD. I will wait a bit and when some significant sale on some size bigger than 8GB comes on, I would bite the bullet and buy in. Can't really mix sizes in raid since that wastes space.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  21. Trouba

Cool. Also consider the WD Gold drives, they are good too. I had great success with the WD Blacks in the past but if I were to buy new HDDs now I'd go with the Gold (or Red) ones. The last WD I bought was for a camera system (surveillance) as was a Purple drive and it has quietly been doing its job.

22. Caleb

Caleb Guest

Hi guys!

There are so many reasons I want this to work, great job Glenn. I have a few issues that I have no idea how to deal with, though.
    • I cannot find my network drive through the file explorer. I usually enter its IP (\\192.168...) and I can't access it. I've never experienced this before, and since I can enter the IP through my browser, and even the media files inside (through a silly organizing module WD creates), I am absolutely certain it has something to do with a network setting, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.
    • I really dislike that I have no control over the start menu. I can't right click, I can't modify what options I have on the sideline properly... Is there any way to go back to the old W10 start menu?
    • On the login menu, for some reason I can't shake a second (or actually third, but there is meant to be two) login option, that has my username, but allows me to change the username, in order to I assume, log on to hidden administrative profiles. Any way to either remove this feature, or at least make it sexier by calling it "Advanced Login" or something?
    • I actually went into the other profile, and saw that everything was light and scary. How do I copy settings such as theme onto the other profile?
    I think I had a few more questions that I forgot waiting for the registration mail. I'll edit them in/make a new post.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2019
  23. Glenn

Network issue fix:

Start Menu Fix:
    Install http://repo.lastos.org/Open-Shell_v4.4.135_NT6_ssApp.apz using ssWPI or SetupS to have a standard Windows 7 type of Start Menu with Modern apps under Start Menu (Windows).

Username:
    Instead of going into a new account if you leave it set to User and go to Windows 10 Settings, Accounts and log in using a Microsoft account or if you are wiling to reinstall you can easily edit the X:\AutoUnattend.xml and set the name User to whatever you want it to be (NO spaces or weird characters as these are not supported).

Dark Theme:
    This is built in to the windows settings type "dark settings" into the search bar on the top left, then scroll down to the "Choose your default app mode" and pick Dark, then select "Theme" on the list on the side and pick Last10 Theme, this will set the background and accent colours for you.

Windows 10 is a lot harder to get perfect for everyone as it is quite a bit different than Windows 7, I personally just use the User account but I click "Change to Microsoft Account" and log in with my hotmail information, this will leave C:\Users\User as my profile path, but changes my User name to my full name everywhere I see it. The benefit to sticking to the original account is all the tweaks are applied, you will need to install Last10 Tweaks for each created user installing it from the ssWPI or using SetupS and http://repo.lastos.org/Last10.Tweaks_2019.04.09_Win10_ssApp.apz This will make the current (newly created user) have a dark theme, shell tweaks and other tweaked features applied, so it is recommended for new LastOS users until you master a few tricks like the ones listed above.

24. Caleb

Caleb Guest

Not the problem, tried it. Plus, I actually used to have my home network as public for privacy reasons, and it weren't a problem then either.

I've tried the obvious: rigorous reboots, both regularly working ID names; I've tried editing media sharing settings; one feature told me it couldn't be turned on, but further research suggested that it had something to do with the lack of WMP, and I decided it probably doesn't have anything to do with it. I've tried checking firewall settings, and nothing there is stopping it (which, again, would be surprising, since it's the exact same setup as I've always done).

What could it be? I have a confirmed connection, as I can enter the admin panel through entering the IP address in my browser (and the files through (poorly designed) applications), I just can't access the folders through Explorer/Pathfinder, as I've never not been able to.

Exactly what I did, it's only during the first boot that this is an issue. Right when it boots, it tells me that "password is wrong", even though I have yet to type it in, and then it has three users: two named the same as my personal/admin account and the other one I made.

I'll see if I can screenshot the boot screen, so you can better see what I mean.

EDIT: Alas, I could not. It's like, I press enter after the "username or password is wrong" message (from before I've even typed anything)

Actually a really old LastOS user here, I used LastXP approximately 10-11 years back. ;) But I get your point, just thought I'd share that. :)

To all the other fixes, thank you, I'll get right on it.

Another question: how come right-click is even disabled in the start menu to begin with? Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2019
  25. Glenn

"Another question: how come right-click is even disabled in the start menu to begin with? Just curious."

I have never disabled it personally, but I use the LastOS groups tweaks, so never knew it had more than the one you in Last10. You can hold in shift when you right click the Open Shell start menu to get that same menu. The quickest way to get to the start menu is Right click a app link and pick More, then pick Open file location, this will open the start menu location to that item. Hope that give the options your after.

"Right when it boots, it tells me that "password is wrong""

The default password has always been "password" in LastOS's, so if you come across a set password you never set then try that first, Auto Logon is usually disabled once you set to Microsoft Account for the main User, so not sure how to replicate your problem, then again I never use multiple users so it may be problematic (I have only tested it works, not used it for a reasonable length of time).

"Actually a really old LastOS user here, I used LastXP approximately 10-11 years back"

I try to answer questions asked so others might learn something from my support, just in case it's a common problem, not saying your a "new user", just the whole idea of LastOS OS's is aimed at basic users, in fact many people enjoy using a vanilla Windows 10 and once they are happy with the config/users they then apply the Last10 tweaks and/or install the apps from ssWPI to speed that up (BTW many of us can not live without ppApps now, they are addictive to start using over ssApps).

Network fix #2:
    (I had a thought that it may be related to LTSC instead of Pro or Enterprise version, is this the case or have you tried Network access in LTSC branch?)
    Anyway here is the fix for that side of things:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9noyiz/windows_10_ltsc_v1809_problem_accessing_a_shared/

Hope this clears up your problems, if not I'll keep at it, if you figure something out please share it back to me so Last10 RS6 etc will be ready for you without issues next upgrade ;)