Last10 LTSC x64 RS5 2019.04

Discussion in 'Last10' started by Glenn, Apr 10, 2019.

1. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

I noticed an issue with using LTSC is that you can't use Game Pass due to games want 1903.

2. 00Proteus00

00Proteus00 Active Member

I'll help seed this :)

3. soporific

soporific Guest

Hi Glenn :)

Great to see that you and the gang are keeping this going! I'm just about to install this on my old laptop, I'll report back soonish with my impressions.

I wonder how many other Windows 7 hold-outs are doing similar things haha. Yes, I am still on Win7 but now that it's unsupported.... well, even I'm not that dumb. This isn't like the good old days when a dedicated team of volunteers ported newer OS fixes to Windows 98, Win 7 is gonna soon be the OS of choice for botnet computers all around the world and, goddam it, mine won't be one of them.

I'm also looking forward to playing some games and using some apps that I couldn't cause I was sill on 7 :)

Chat soon,
    Sop.

00Proteus00, 57331 and Trouba like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Hello again, Sop

Yeah, we've been tinkering with getting our OS's to behave for the last few years. LTSC is the way to go, if you have no games that require the newer pro version (only a few, but some online games wont even run without pro), which is stupid as LTSC has the same base core, can run the same DirectX and drivers. I bet it's just a software lock and as such I'd avoid playing these games out of principle anyway.

I hope it's still impressive for a veteran modder such as yourself. I plan on looking at the WinRE for a LivePE replacement when I get some time with the kids back at school in a couple of weeks, until then I am just keeping up with tech, been a while since I ventured to find other modders work, but the guy posting above has started tinkering with the LastOS tools, so I'll no doubt have to update them again soon (to work with the WinRE etc).

57331, 00Proteus00 and Trouba like this.
  5. 57331

57331 Guest

Sorry if I am breaking any rules by going off-topic, but, soporific, is that really you? Where have you been for the last and almost 3 years? Any new progress on a new WinBorg release after almost 3 years, or has it been cancelled?

00Proteus00 likes this.
  6. Glenn

zdevilinside, 57331 and 00Proteus00 like this.
  7. billybob62

billybob62 Member

Hello? Just installed Glen's Last 10. Works great on my daughters HP 2000 laptop. Had fun figuring out that the base is a PE OS then you have to install the Last 10 from there. Noob here not like you computer veterans lol

8. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Yes, it is somewhat unusual -- I too at first had to consult Glenn about it -- and I'm not exactly a newbie myself. ;) But there's quite a few advantages and ease to doing it that way. Besides a sort of "try-before-you-buy", you can prepare or even repair your system with more confidence and flexibility than via the standard new-install Setup provided by MS. You might even have less driver issues such as sometimes happens with USB 3.0, Network / Internet, or Graphic Adapters.

billybob62 and 00Proteus00 like this.
  9. billybob62

billybob62 Member

Silly me thought the PE was the OS and i wondered why i couldnt activate it lol ! The PE ran so fast and had all the apps i dreamed of having on an OS. Then i saw the Install Windows icon. It still runs faster than any OS i have tried to install plus the WPI is an added bonus.

Glenn and 00Proteus00 like this.
  10. 57331

57331 Guest

His, the LastOS, and the XP/10 Integral/Black Edition are some of the best Windows mods out there. I even have collected a few of his WinBorg releases, which are mostly rare. Fun fact: it will be the 3rd anniversary of his last WinBorg release (currently, that is), WinBorg 7 (January/February 2017) in 2 days.

upload_2020-1-28_11-18-34.png

Glenn likes this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Oh my Sop is running loose again, maybe a new fresh beginning.

This what made me to want to know about LastXP , then Appzpoint got hacked ... , Good to see Sop around.

'Wanders what Kay is doing'

12. 57331

57331 Guest

13. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

I loved Sop's releases. It was my "go to" release for my own systems. I hope we see him more often.

14. soporific

soporific Guest

Hi guys!

I will get around to visiting SharetheFiles again, I just didn't want to go down that rabbit hole again! I know I promised another Winborg, it will have to be Winborg10 :)

Feedback from my install efforts:

In Menu.exe :
    * About/Read Me button doesn't work -- the project could use a Readme.txt file in the root folder just in case the User doesn't notice MENU.exe or is scared to open it. Link this to the button in MENU.exe
    * Clicking Create USB OS Install doesn't do anything -- luckily I know whats up and how to make my own USB install but this prob should be fixed to help the less fortunate

Everything else is a dream! I really like the tweaks ... I used my laptop for a few days before installing them and everything was just better afterwards.

I sooo recommend using Classic Shell (although everyone probably already is) ...

So, what happened to Appzpoint, it got hacked?

57331 likes this.
  15. Glenn

AppzPoint URL was stolen by the original owner of the URL and he attempted to shut down the forum over a disagreement (or something), so Pixelad created www SharingIsThePoint net and use the old DB backup to start off the forum again, I did the artwork and fed it with LastXP/OS releases for many years and then it finally got corrupted after an incomplete upgrade and the backup habits were sloppy after moving to a new host so he instead left it to die, one of the members was set to take over the forum and start it with a new direction but then he had life get in the way and abandoned the change over. At the end of last year the host payments were gone and it was switched off. Now it links to some malware looking links.

The \sources\ReadMe.txt used to work, maybe I left another file out of the Menu.exe detection which would make it fail. The \sources\MakeUSB.cmd should also work from menu, meaning it has the same issue, it is a wonder that ssWPI even launches for you (that uses \sources\Install_Applications.cmd.

Sorry it's glitchy, but I am glad it is a good installation for you too, I use it on all my machines now, don't use anything else.

16. 57331

57331 Guest

To see a new release of WinBorg 10 would be nice. Also, if you didn't know already, Classic Shell got discontinued way back in December 2017, and Open Shell (maintained by a bunch of volunteers) has replaced it, continuing on it's development even further.

17. Glenn

As I have nearly finished making my new LivePE based on WinRE, I will be releasing another LTSC 2019 as I get other components added in, I will start a new thread with the progress in the next few days to discuss the final choices, I know some of you are wanting Windows 10 Pro to be used, but I don't use it myself, so you'll be able to use my ISO/DVD release to tweak your own version of Pro as there is way to much work in maintaining a Pro build and I am not willing to put that much time in to it.

I will be looking to modify the Theme(s) in my next release via the ssWPI, this should allow you to theme any Win 10 OS if all goes well.

I'll be going through the included applications, so if anyone has requests, I'll try my best to build/include them in (just to save people some time, downloads are cheap ;) )

Anyways watch for a new post within the week (I need to capture and test some ideas before sharing).

mortmaru likes this.
  18. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

It's Patch Tuesday Feb 11, might include that/those update(s) Glenn.

19. Michael740

Michael740 Guest

Just Like to say thanks for the Job well done No Problems with install except is said password was expired but that kinda just fell easy other than that I was able to create a Guest User with no problems or changes. Everything seems to be good thanks again>

Trouba likes this.
  20. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Well we back up, refer to the outage that happened on Nov 11 2020

21. Glenn