Last20 Builder v1.0.1

Discussion in 'Other Tools' started by Glenn, Feb 18, 2020.

?

Did you use the builder?

1. Yes I did, It worked perfect

83.3%
  2. Yes I did, It Failed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nope, I like the OS's others build with it

16.7%
  1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

* Press The YouTube Logo/Text on the bottom right of the video to watch on youtube in full screen, make sure to pick 1080p (HD) to see the text clearly.

Download:
    http://team.lastos.org/glenns/Last20/zLast20_Builder_v1.0.1.7z
    How To Use:

Sshadow and Trouba like this.
  2. Glenn

Here is the resulting ISO to download built from the builder and video above:

Last20.2020.02.iso:
    http://forum.lastos.org/index.php?threads/last20-ltsc-x64-2020-02.1866/

You can use the above ISO to replace the zzzz_Missing_Files.txt into the builder to get the exact results. except the Original Windows ISO file, there are many sources for getting this from.

3. Glenn

Blue Accent Color fix:
    Copy
    M:\zLast20_Builder\01_Syspreping\01Update_CleanVM\02_Overlay\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero.theme
    To
    M:\zLast20_Builder\03_WinBuilder\Custom\x64\IsoRoot\sources\$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes\

DeltaCorp likes this.
  4. Sshadow

Sshadow New Member

Thank you so much for this! Would it be ok to use this thread for Q&A as far as the customization and build process go?

5. Glenn

Yes, I will be out and about a bit this weekend, but will try and answer as soon as I get questions if I can.

6. Sshadow

Sshadow New Member

Thanks, I got to play with it more today since I was off work. I won't have much time over the weekend either :)

Is the Audit Mode unique to Win 10?

If one were to modify the desktop wallpaper, icons, cursors, etc., Which step would be best to do that in?

I ran through the tutorial step by step and everything worked perfect(Checking out the .CMD sources as I went to get an understanding of what they were doing).

I have since started from the beginning to play around with it. Thanks again.

7. Glenn

Audit mode has been around since Win 2000 and XP days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sysprep

If you plan on using the same user you can change settings and they will stick, else you'll need to modify the .dll resources to make icons changed etc.
    In my Builder I include a tool called Change.Wallpaper.exe, this will set your current use to have the C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\Wallpaper-Wide.jpg as the current applied wallpaper and the Wallpaper.jpg if your aspect ratio is 4/3 or something - I have the AutoIt source code if you need it tho.

Changing all the stuff you want to is done via the aero.theme file I link to above, this allows setting icons, mouse cursors, wallpapers and even sound effect schemes - this would be MUCH easier for you to modify them.

Yeah I was just as impressed that the very first build I ran through the entire build worked perfect myself :D I'd only done each step individually over the last 2 days prior to releasing the builder and the ISO - took me 3 days to do all the stuff I shared (full days, like 18 hour days) :)

The Freezer likes this.
  8. 00Proteus00

00Proteus00 Active Member

I used this for a build and LOVED it! Nice job.

1 question tho, everything worked perfectly thru the whole build process. When I created the final ISO and installed it with VirtualBox, everything worked perfectly EXCEPT ssWPI, it come up and says it cant find it.

On a side note, downloading the newest Xojo, and going to see if I can make a GUI installer for the build process, I may fail, but Im curious.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  9. Sshadow

Sshadow New Member

I am interested in seeing that!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  10. Sshadow

Sshadow New Member

Quick question. There are 2 other themes to choose from for the live boot. I tried one and really liked it. Where are they located at and can they be used on an install? I tried to search for them but could not find them.

11. 00Proteus00

Went with VisualBasic instead.....

[​IMG]

Trouba likes this.
  12. Glenn

ssWPI said it can't find your app selection, meaning you never ran ssWPI from the LivePE and picked what you wanted, it should have asked if you wanted to quit (if you pick no you can then select the apps directly), if you pick yes it will quit and you'd have to run ssWPI from the Menu.

I chose to keep it as scripts so people could mod it to suit their needs, I mean learning Batch scripts is quite hard, but nothing compared to learning visual basic, there is all the info in scripts that can be extracted and used in your own ideas. I got most of my information off of;

https://ss64.com/nt/

and googling "batch file remove white space" without quotes and it has links to https://stackoverflow.com/ - which is filled with how to's voted by users to put the best options at the top.

I have a OS builder called ssOSModder that I made in 2015 that is GUI based but only myself and 3 other people ever used it, so I stopped development of it (it was feature complete but pre Sysprep being used, so I would need to update it), if that is what you guys want instead of OS builds? I mean then you can make your own and share them, adding your own ideas and flair.

If not that you could just use it for code and update your own builder to have features...
    ---------------------

I also like the themes in the LivePE - I don't know who made them or what they are called but the guys who make it over at http://theoven.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=3e06e1d090a74eb37dcf86b4ea8ed7f7&board=39.0 might be able to help figure it out (if not already posted there). You would need a patched uxtheme for any modded themes to work in windows 10 (or any windows since XP really), but it should work. might be buggy and cause explorer crashes tho as many themes are only made for a certain OS version number.

13. Sshadow

Sshadow New Member

Don't get me wrong. While the GUI is cool and all I would love to see more builds. I like being able to check out the scripts and see what they are doing. I don't know how to code it myself yet but its easy to understand what its purpose is.

Do you have a download for that?

14. 00Proteus00

Yes, and I will post this evening when I get home.

15. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

where can i find a original untouched Microsoft ISO?
    , im not having any luck

16. 00Proteus00

which version?

17. -c0dez3ro-

86\64 newest one thats out i can use for the builder im not picky

18. Glenn

19. -c0dez3ro-

20. Glenn

21. -c0dez3ro-

22. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

If you cannot find a untouched ISO, you want to check out a good site. I cannot tell you any but I am not feel well. *cough* https://the-eye.eu/ *cough*

57331 likes this.
  23. Glenn

I think your cold only has LTSB and snot LTSC 1809, so your eye isn't very puffy after all :)

57331 and The Freezer like this.
  24. -c0dez3ro-

hey glenn after i test my install from the builder i still get this..what im i doing wrong VirtualBox_Last20_Sysprep_28_03_2020_13_01_24.png

25. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

I would say AutoUnattend.xml OR the VM , Is the AutoUnattend.xml in root of .iso? if so then maybe the VM is doing it auto and skipping the root .xml.