Last20 LTSC x64 2020.02

Discussion in 'Last10' started by Glenn, Feb 18, 2020.

?

Did you use this modded OS?

1. Yes, works great, it's a keeper

71.1%
  2. Yes, but I wont continue using it

13.2%
  3. No

15.8%
  4. No, it's too complex to make a USB bootable and to set the thingys to worky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Last20Logo_Small.png
    Screenshots:

WinRE (LivePE):
    1 LivePE.png

Windows Setup:
    2 Setup.png

Logon:
    Logon.png
    Menu:
    Menu.png

Settings:
    Settings.png

ssWPI:
    ssWPI.png

Start Menu:
    Start_Menu.png

Desktop Context Menu:
    Desktop_Context_Menu.png

Version:
    Version.png

Get more apps from our Repository place them into the USB drive under the \ssAppInstalls folder run Menu and pick Install Apps, right click the List of Apps and press (Re)-Scan for Items.

You can use any method to create a bootable install media, but remember you need to use FAT32 if you are using Secure Boot (UEFI).

You can choose to Add/Remove Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge from ssWPI, you have the option to disable Defender.

To install the apps simply open the DVD/USB and run Menu.exe picking Install Apps.
    This release has WinRE based on Win10XPE Release. If you have any trouble installing using Windows Setup it offers WinNTSetup 3, this works by extracting the install files to the drive letter you pre-prepare using Partition Manager.

Once you have a clean configured installation you can boot from the install USB again and use Terabyte True Image to backup the C: drive to be able to restore any time your OS has any problems.

To make sure you have your data backed up, you should use the LastOS Settings app (or manually set) to change the Documents Drive letter to a non C: Drive and move the location of Downloads to a non C: Drive Letter as well, this means your desktop and documents are not wiped over if you restore your OS drive at any time. ppApps also are best to be installed to non C: drives as any settings you change will be kept and you do not have to wait for them to install again.

MS Updates & OS Build Date: 2020.02.18

Included Applications:
    Code:
    !Add Microsoft Edge To LTSC v2019.04.08 x64
    !Add Windows Store to LTSC v2019.04.08 x64
    !Disable Defender v2017.07.13 R2
    !Disable OneDrive v2017.05.27
    !Disable Store v2017.05.27
    !Disable Windows Search v2017.05.27
    !Disable XBox And GameDVR v2017.05.27
    200 System Fonts v2011.11.06
    30 Mouse Cursor Themes v1.0
    7-Zip v19.00
    Adobe Lightroom Classic CC 2020 v9.2.0.10 x64
    Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 v21.0.3.91 x64
    Advanced Renamer v3.85
    AIMP v4.60.2170
    Angry Birds v3.0.0
    AnyDesk v5.4.2.0
    Apply Last10 Tweaks 2020.02.18
    Apply LastOS Win Power Settings v2015.09.04
    Apply Minimal Win System Protection Settings v2015.09.04
    Apply Quick Launch Toolbar (1 Line Version)
    Arklight
    Atomic Alarm Clock v6.3
    Audacity v2.3.3
    Autoruns v13.96
    AVS Video Converter v12.0.2.652
    Bookworm Adventures 1
    BurnAware Free v13.0
    Cake Mania 2 - Back To The Bakery
    Calculator For Win 10 2015.10.25 r2 x64
    CCleaner v5.63.7540
    Cheat Engine v7.0
    Clipname context menu extensions
    CPU-Z v1.90.0
    Debotnet v0.6.0
    Defender Control v1.6
    Defraggler v2.22.995
    Desktop Digital Clock v1.55
    DirectX Runtimes 9.0c Complete v9.29.1974
    Driver Magician Lite v4.91
    Duplicate Photo Cleaner v5.3.0.1182
    Easy Recovery Enterprise v11.1.0.0
    Everything (Search) v1.4.1.935
    Files + Folders Listing v2013.04.27
    FileZilla FTP Client v3.46.3.0
    Foxit Reader v9.7.1.29511
    FreeFileSync v7.9
    Gamers Runtimes Lite v2.2
    Games Launcher v20.02.04.0
    Garden Defense
    Google Chrome v80.0.3987.100
    GPU-Z v2.29.0
    HandBrake v1.3.1 x64
    Hash Tab v6.0.0.34
    IcoFX v3.3.0
    Insaniquarium
    Internet Download Manager v6.36.5
    IrfanView v4.54
    K-Lite Mega CodeC v15.3.5
    KMSpico (Activate Windows & Office) v10.2.0
    Luxor 1
    MediaInfo Lite v19.09
    Microsoft OneDrive v19.222.1110
    MP3Gain v1.2.5
    MS Visual Runtimes AIO (Plus) 2020.01.23
    MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser 4.30.21170
    Nirsoft & Sysinternals Utilities Suite 2019.11.30
    Notepad2-mod v4.2.25.998
    Open-Shell v4.4.143
    Partition Wizard Technician v11.6
    Paste As File v5.0.0.5
    Plants Vs. Zombies Game Of The Year Edition
    qBittorrent v4.2.1
    Recover My Files v5.2.1.1964
    Regshot v2.0.1.70
    Resource Hacker v5.1.7.343
    Restorator 2018 v3.9.0.1793
    Rufus v3.8.1580
    Sanitize v1.19.2.4
    SetupS SendTo Suite v17.12.3.0
    Simple Sticky Notes v4.8.0.0
    Skype v8.56.0.103
    Slingo Supreme
    SoftMaker Office Pro 2018 972.1023
    TeraByte Image v3.37.0
    Tri Peaks 1 - Solitaire To Go
    UltraEdit v26.20.0.62
    UltraISO v9.7.2.3561
    UltraUXThemePatcher 3.7.1
    Universal Extractor v1.9_22.209b
    Unlocker v1.9.2
    VirtualBox v6.1.2-135662
    VLC Media Player v3.0.8
    VMWare ThinApp v5.2.6.14449759
    W10Privacy v3.4.0.1
    WinRAR v5.80
    WizFile v2.06
    WizTree v3.32
    Xplosive Jigsaw Pro
    Yahtzee GH

\Appz:
    Code:
    KMS-Digital-Online_Activation_Suite_v7.6_ENG_Office
    Tweaks&Fixes
    WinaeroTweaker
    WinNTSetup4
    wumt (MS_Updates)
    autologin.exe
    DefenderControl.exe
    DefenderControl.ini
    Extract_ppApp.apz_To_Edit_Content_v2.exe
    FontViewOK.exe
    iPack Builder v2.2.exe.lnk
    iPacks Win 8 & 8.1 and 10.url
    ResetPermission.exe
    ShowKey.vbs
    Transwiz.exe
    win10settings.exe

This OS mod is the very same ISO outputted by the Last20 Builder Video, this was it's first complete test and the only issue was the aero.theme having the accent color set as blue, with it working so well I decided it has more meaning behind it than fixing the bug as the Last10.Tweaks automatically set it to gray post logon, so the only time you see the blue is the Please Wait screen and the Network Discovery slide on first boot. The other mistake was I had removed the ppGames from the public building folders, but they made it back in when I re-populated the builder with my updated applications, just makes it a bigger release, not worse tho.

Build your own OS like this one using the builder scripts, documents and video I created to make your very own custom Last20 mods:
    http://forum.lastos.org/index.php?threads/last20-builder-v1-0-1.1865/

Default Password: password

Download:
    * Seeding full speed now, please continue seeding this if your able to.

Size: 7.1GB
    CRC32: DBC8F889
    MD5: 7097A789737074FCC8621C241B2A91CC
    SHA-1: 15B28CDD58359A7E9A440ACDC6B6455CB8D0CC34

Code:
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b3b7b412cda8bd3ca122249bd4f63fc5ef18bb8f&dn=Last20.2020.02.iso&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.stealth.si%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969

Post Release Fixes:

Blue Accent Color fix:
    Copy From
    M:\zLast20_Builder\01_Syspreping\01Update_CleanVM\02_Overlay\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero.theme
    Or from extracted aero.zip Attached File Below
    To
    X:\sources\$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes <- either inside the ISO or on the drive you copy it to.

Attached Files:

2. silnwarez

silnwarez New Member

More info would be great ... like which version is it ? or which build?

3. Glenn

Added version information to post above.

4. silnwarez

silnwarez New Member

Already I saw it to video, great great job :)
    Would be okay if I share it somewhere else?

5. Glenn

All LastOS work is open sourced and can be shared, modded or used as you need/want to. Just keep the open & sharing modding community alive. :)

Thanks it was my first video I've made in quite a while... except capturing a bug I was having with EmulationStation so the developer over there could see the issues - which he promptly fixed after seeing that :) Was many years prior to that - like 2012 or something. So was a big project, 3 hours 45 minutes of footage reduced to 42 minutes (with cuts and speed ups).

-EDIT-

I ask that if anyone shares this at least link to the builder (if not just mention it) so other people know that they can see what is under the hood and trust the OS, or perhaps just to inspire someone to tinker in their spare time. Not a requirement of course, just wanting a few more people to be more educated in OS modding so the community grows bigger and stronger again.

The Freezer, billybob62 and silnwarez like this.
  6. billybob62

billybob62 Member

Downloading now! Nice job Glenn! Will give it a try.

7. Bobby

Bobby New Member

Awesome, always on the look out for LastOs releases. I've been a big fan for a very long time, still have a very old LastXP install on an ancient laptop for old gaming. Appreciate your continued work and I will seed this as long as necessary.

8. Glenn

30GB uploaded and 20 views of the video I made for the builder, that's not a bad overnight run :)

Don't forget to vote on the poll once you have thoroughly tested and made up your minds, It'll give me an idea of how much work I should be putting in to a 2nd builder and how far in the future. Also if you notice anything missing so that can be added or shared as an update.

-EDIT-

4:07 - 37.77GB uploaded and 0 peers, my job is done, I am going to install my PC with it now :)

-EDIT-

Too busy to install
    66GB up now. 9 Seeds.

9. soporific

soporific Guest

I knew there was a good reason to drop by today, hooray for the new release!

Glenn likes this.
  10. soporific

soporific Guest

I've tested this out in a VM, looks really good and polished. I've installed 2019.04 onto my laptop but hadn't got around to doing my main PC. 2020.02 is the go! Cheers Glenn (y)

Glenn likes this.
  11. x4mpp

x4mpp Guest

Hello i have a problem with Last20 LTSC x64 2020.02 after i patched it to my usb and booted it up i couldt find the download setup so i could download it to my pc

12. Glenn

When you make the USB Install disk you need to decide if you want NTFS for fast installing to NON UEFI devices or if you need UEFI then you will have to format your USB as FAT32 (all Windows running on a UEFI BIOS must be installed from FAT32 and you can only install a x64 or from a x64 PE, which is why LastOS's no longer come in x86).

You then need to press escape key, F8 or another key to use your boot menu and pick the USB disk. the USB port sometimes needs to be a USB2 or enable Legacy support for USB in your BIOS as some controller chips need special chipset drivers to be accessible from the WinPE/RE

once you have the LivePE/RE desktop loaded and the USB port is accessible then you will have a desktop shortcut to "Install Windows"

[​IMG]

Once you pick install windows you can pick which HDD/partition to install it to and it is mostly automated until your on the desktop.

13. Sshadow

Sshadow New Member

There can also be a few issues in the USB creation itself to troubleshoot. If you still have issues after Glenn's reply it would help to know how you are creating the USB itself.

14. DonDamm

DonDamm Guest

Many many thanks, Glenn! Greetings from San Francisco! Stay healthy there! Your Premier was smart to close down to those from outside. :^)

15. STimm81023

STimm81023 Guest

Hi. Thanks for MOD. I'm really impressed with memory use. Have 4 GB of memory in my PC and the stock Win10 Pro even after tweaking settings was using 2.8GB doing nothing but this runs only a little over 1GB. Wow. I'm having a issue with windows update though. When I try to open Update & Security . It opens than closes right away. I have installed Last20 2 times but it keeps doing it. I did not change and services. I see Windows update service didn't start but even when I start it and it was running it closes right away. Thanks again.
    Update. I found I found a fix. Used windows 10 troubleshooter and seem to fix the issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2020
  16. Glenn

if you run services and set the following service to Auto start and then start it, it will also fix the problem:

Fix.png

Alternatively you can download the script below and it will do it for you, I noticed this bug after I released Last20 and I am not sure what is disabling the service in the first place, only sometimes it is off, I am thinking the Last20.Tweaks re-enables it as I was aware that this issue was occuring and attempted to fix it. So you could also correct the update issue by re-applying Last20.Tweaks from ssWPI.

Attached Files:

vanTorX and STimm81023 like this.
  17. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Strange error after system install:

Clipboard01.jpg

No biggie. Answer "No" and ssWPI still launches with to manually select what to install:

Clipboard03.jpg

18. The Freezer

Man, I really dislike the flatness and drabness of Windows 10 :what:

But I couldn't get Big Muscle's latest Aero Glass, v1.5.13 -- this version is for up to Win10 v1909 (10.0.18363) -- to work properly. I did find an adequate substitute though with Stardock's WindowBlinds. Not sure why I never looked into that before. It makes Windows 10 almost usable. Hell, they even have a Classic theme that works surprisingly well.

19. Glenn

You can pick ssWPI from the LivePE, if you don't you get that error, I never install any default apps as you did with Windows 9, I leave it up to the user. I could make it so no error is shown (with a switch), but as it is such a tiny dialog, I never thought it was required as you pick yes to abort or no to manually pick post install.

I never had any luck getting WindowBlinds to install without having to manually do it, I know some modders include it in the captured image that gets installed, but I always like to make things optional - that is the reason I never include it with my releases. If anyone finds an easy way to make a SFX of it, let me know, would like to make more people able to tolerate Win 10 without having to mess about. BTW I am happy with my windows 10 being flat and non see through, it only took a few weeks of using it to realize it made very little difference to my workflow and happiness not having aero like features after all, I can see how those of you who stuck to Windows Vista through 7 and then Win 8 with Aero clones whole still find it jarring tho. So if WindowBlinds is actually stable (no explorer crashing/restarting) like it use to even in Windows 7 and especially 8, maybe even including the manual way wold be worth while.

The Freezer likes this.
  20. The Freezer

I've always felt that the presets and autoinstall were very nice features of ssWPI. And under-utilized. I also think the way I implemented it was a good compromise; allowing multi-disk/usb -- another nice ssWPI feature -- users could include (or exclude) those appz they wanted AutoInstalled. ;)

I don't think transparency is the issue but the lack of a sense of depth and visual cues. Colors, lighting, and shadows, (even some transparency helps a little) for a layering/3D effect and which are active windows, etc. Classical styles/themes had it; and later Aero, introduced with Vista, improved upon it. That's why I use AeroGlass for Windows 8. I don't even really care about the transparency as I've got it mostly tuned way back on AeroGlass. But even a little bit of transparency adds to that sense of depth.

I don't know. Perhaps many such as yourself may be happy with Windows 10 being flat; but it's not for me. Having to struggle with my OS is not a very efficient way to go about it. Windows 10 just seems so very chaotic. No sense of depth, little or no borders, the colors too similar, a lack of visual cues on where is what or what does what. That's just with the GUI. There are other areas I'm still scratching my head for. Like the very limited options on just about everything and all the extra steps I have to take just to get there. Take for example the new Startmenu -- just to get to the properties of a shortcut you have to open its location first. (Open-shell and StartIsBack fixes that).

Anyway, some of the WindowBlinds styles/theme effects are giving me the desired layering/depth and proper visual cues. Here's a Windows 7 theme:

Clipboard04.jpg
    Fortunately since this is an LTSC, hopefully there will be no forced update that'll break all my efforts. (One of the major motivations behind my Windows 9 project, btw).

Glenn likes this.
  21. soporific

soporific Guest

Hi guys, just some more feedback ... I haven't been able to install updates since the actual install ... I thought I'd leave it to see if a later update worked, but alas. I re-installed the 2019 version of Last10 on my laptop to test but that also doesn't update. Then I tried installing someone else's (I'm a traitor, I know) mod -- Generation2 -- which is Windows 10 Pro with Office 2019 pre-installed, and it's quite good. And it updates fine. I will eventually rebuild my main PC but I wanted to provide some feedback first.... I'm going to go with Windows 10 Pro I think ... yeah it's 3 times the install size but I'm not too fussed about that.

Am I supposed to be able to update a LTSC version ?? Surely so...

maxrnb likes this.
  22. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Heya Sop, read the above fix for that issue

http://www.lastos.org/forum/index.php?threads/last20-ltsc-x64-2020-02.1866/#post-21126

23. Glenn

Thanks ghost, I really do need to find where the tweak is that disables updates, It's probably part of the Last10.Tweaks, I just never managed to make it happen every time so I'll add a fix to the builder and attach a installer fix once I find it. But yeah LTSC updates fine with the "update orchestrator service" enabled.

24. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Hey Glenn, If I had just the tweaks I could find the culprit, just point me to the .reg files used in the build.

EDIT: I found this - Apply.Last10.Tweaks_2020.02.15_Win10_ssApp.apz

I'll use it in a VM only and check them all out, I don't have anything to do anyways right now and will give me something to do.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  25. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

OUCH - This hurt my LTSC also many months ago and didnt realize it

;Never check or notify for Windows Updates (requires reboot to take effect)
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]
    "NoAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001

I installed 2 win 10 LTSC's and here is the results

Dirty - kills auto updates with above reg entries

dirty.png

clean - clean install no changes

clean.png

Also I could not figure out where to change the dirty , reg delete and all that did not make a difference at all

I looked at the GPedit, nothing, seems to break the updates as is feature, WEIRD

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020