Last20 LTSC x64 2020.02

Discussion in 'Last10' started by Glenn, Feb 18, 2020.

?

Did you use this modded OS?

1. Yes, works great, it's a keeper

71.1%
  2. Yes, but I wont continue using it

13.2%
  3. No

15.8%
  4. No, it's too complex to make a USB bootable and to set the thingys to worky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I.T. Novice

I.T. Novice New Member

Thank you again everyone :) That is exactly what I'd hoped for, I will impliment the BV-Tweaks this afternoon - can I ask here, as BV page is like a manual rather than a forum, when he says not to apply tweaks to laptops that are meant for desktops (which I understand the rational behind) in your opinions, do you think that my not actually having any portable laptop-ish abilities on my system anymore that it's okay to treat the tweaking choices like it were a desktop? Are there things besides a battery, wireless and touch-screen functions on laptops that desktops don't have that I'm forgetting/missing?

Having choices from the get go is a bit new for me lol, and I did read (every single) add-in option before installation and forgot I installed that "Everything" Glenn lol! (and 7zip) - cheers for the reminder!!! I will leave indexing off and use Everything, bonus!! So should I have clicked that Delete Defender forever icon before the Install Windows one? I couldn't find it after the install so think I should have.... could I boot from my install USB now and get rid of Defender? Or when you say "...in ssWPI is Disable Defender..." is that something I should have put a check on during installtion to get? Is booting from the USB how I get all those extra things back as install options? Sorry if I sound lame but I have literally never installed a non-windows o/s besides live booting a little linux version from a cd 25-odd years ago, this truly was a first-time effort/experience for me :)

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

You can run ssWPI to change any windows install. Disable Defender is just a portable app, you can download it manually if you want, but defender will need to be stopped via its icon or it will delete it.

Laptops have power management and throttle down when not in use, desktops generally run flat out. So you should be right to tweak a Laptop as a desktop when battery and peripherals will not matter.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  3. I.T. Novice

I.T. Novice New Member

Well I got my program installed, but with a glitch I couldn't find a solution to (been hunting online to no avail past couple days). For some reason buttons in half the program are not available whether I install it regularly or in compatible mode. I tried installing it on a friends regular win10 pro install and a win7 machine, and the button funtion is only missing on win10 installs so it's definitely a win10 issue (works on both my XP vers., Vista and W7). I was wondering if I exported and copied my JASC registry settings from my XP install into my Last20 registry if the proper buttons would reappear? I can't find any explanations online for why they aren't rendered or functioning properly. I found instances of windows buttons not showing up, tried all those fixes, but none worked. Seems to me that there must be something in the registry missing no? That's where all the programs specs are set right? I did make a pic of what they look like on working vs non-working systems but I don't have a facebook or anyplace to show pics, basically the main programs bar comes up proper but the tool bars are flat 1-dimentional and missing function button on win10 installs. Any ideas/suggestions how to get the bars/buttons fixed/working?

Results of my other efforts just for informations sake: I did do a full-on "services tweaking" but it made no difference as far as performance with my graphics program went. I can still only open one (large) file at a time, if I try a second file it complains "not enough memory... close some progs etc..." only I'm not running any other progs at all so there is nothing to close lol! I was hoping that having a new o/s, double the ram, no internet etc would help but it seems that an untweaked winXP running Paintshop Pro with 2gb ram online with a MyPal browser open/running is just as fast as a tweaked Win10 running PSP alone with 4gb ram offline!

A bit sad really— Oh well...

At least with Last20 my win10 isn't a nightmare to look at and navigate like regular Win10 installs :) I'm definitely keeping it on my "half-lap", although I can't replace my LastXP with it for a permanent upgrade until I figure out how to make my Paintshop Pro work right because that's the one program I use daily.

4. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

5. Donphilipp20

Donphilipp20 New Member

Hello guys, I'm having a problem with downloading the torrent, it seems that there are no seeds available so that I can download it, can someone help me with that? Would be great.

Thanks ;)

6. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

Okay, try it now. :cool:

7. Donphilipp20

Donphilipp20 New Member

Thanks it worked ;)

8. TiggyWiggy

TiggyWiggy New Member

Is this thread/torrent dead or just I cant find any seeds?

9. unitop4

unitop4 GUINEA PIG TESTER

10. Glenn

I have it seeding currently

11. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

<-- reseeding also

12. unitop4

unitop4 GUINEA PIG TESTER

downloading now to help seed, didnt realize it would still be popular after last11 was released.

13. Michael740

Michael740 New Member

you know I was getting the same thing on the win11 install it did not show on the last install but that's the one hey freee how you been good I hope

14. Glenn

In the Live PE it has ssWPI on the desktop, when you open this in the LivePE and pick at least 1 app it will not show the error, I usually pick all the apps I want to install at this stage. If you want to take out that feature look in:
    x:\sources\$Scripts\ and change Run_11_ssWPI.cmd to Disabled_Run_11_ssWPI.cmd , This will stop it trying to Auto Install using ssWPI and you can access it from Menu.exe if you do want to use it.

15. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Can a flag be put in for that internally in the code side in ssWPI or SetupS, that if no apps was chosen no error of any kind would be present? I feel a fix for that can be done but that my 2 cents LOL.

16. Glenn

I already added a flag, I figured if someone bypassed ssWPI from the LivePE then they'd want the option to run it post logon, if not you just press No and it Exits.

anyway the flag is:

-NoError - if you edit the script to have that after the "-Install ", it will quit without showing the error.

change: (x:\sources\$Scripts\Run_11_ssWPI.cmd)
    Code:
    REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce /V ssWPI /D "%~d0\sources\$ssWPI\ssWPI.exe -Install" /f
    to
    Code:
    REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce /V ssWPI /D "%~d0\sources\$ssWPI\ssWPI.exe -Install -NoError" /f

Ghost likes this.
  17. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

This was a great release any chance of an update?

18. Glenn

I guess I can download a LTSC 2021 H2 and apply new apps etc, but as Last OS's allow you to replace the Install.esd (install.wim) inside the build with any of the same type (LTSC in this case), you could update it to that and it'll still apply the Last10/11 Tweaks from ssWPI, meaning you'll pretty much have a latest LastOS OS, but I'll need to find the time to make a Public Last21 when I can :) would still have 3 more years of MS support

bphlpt likes this.
  19. Glenn

I've SysPreped a new LTSC 2021 and I am in the process of doing a new WinBuilder (from Win 11, with the Win 10 LTSC 2021) as the base to see how it goes, I will modify the PE Network to ask to connect as the Drivers have been known to BSOD for some hardware.

-EDIT-

The drivers are part of pecmd.ini, so I can't really take them out, I'll just leave it as they were and if you have issues then I have posted a legacy LivePE that can be used without network support.

Also the WinRE is an older version so I also can't use the 2021 as my PE source without a lot of tinkering.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  20. Glenn

Well I got it all to work as I want, will have to go update the apps, but it's based on the Last11 image currently and all the new features I made for that are working with this (including the intro movie etc). I'll need to update the MS Store to the newer version so that you can use it with LTSC again, but I am out of time today, so will be for another day.

bphlpt and Spurs_dk like this.
  21. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

I have been using 10 LTSC 21H2 for many months now and I see it better than Pro. It is based off of Pro version, but for me, the take away/s of LTSC are better than a Pro version all together. Windows 11 Home is a waste for sure, but hey, who am I to judge LOL.

Maybe @Trouba might have a thought on a newer LTSC.

Also referring to Win 10/11 LTSC - Win 11 LTSC could be years away?

https://www.minitool.com/news/windows-11-ltsc.html

mortmaru and Steve Hedges like this.
  22. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

I prefer LTSC and don't see the point of Win11 at this stage.

Hopefully we will get an updated version from one of the people here.

23. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

A windows 11 LTSC won't happen for some time as shown here

24. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I just made an updated Last10 LTSC 2021 x64 build with LivePE. It will take me probably a week to upload (I also made a Last7 x64 with Win10-based LivePE). When I will get around to uploading, I'll notify. Anyone interested can PM me.

mortmaru, bphlpt and unitop4 like this.
  25. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

Nice thank you

I am interested in both

One thing I noticed with these builds if you can before uploading if possible allow admin cmd to be opened in folders would be helpful.

I noticed as well when using the tool that comes up at the beginning it doesn't layout the folders the same way they are on C if you select to have them on say D (I noticed this can make it messy and some games dumping files so I end up not using the tool and manually doing it)

Trouba likes this.