last7 x86

Discussion in 'Last7' started by syntaxterror, Apr 8, 2018.

1. syntaxterror

syntaxterror Guest

Hi
    last7 x86does it still exist ? I have an older laptop and the hard drive died and no longer have a copy of it .
    thank you syntaxterror

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2018
  2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

All LastOS 7's had x86 and x64. Just the CosmOS, Prophecy and AwakenOS's had x64 only.

3. syntaxterror

syntaxterror Guest

Hi any suggestions on where to find an older x86/x64 version of night Os7

4. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

5. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

6. zdevilinside

zdevilinside Active Member

7. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

I'm not sure it even exists anymore :(

8. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

Freezer, I'm uploading a couple of versions from 2011 and 2012 to the ssTek OS/Last7/NightOS archive now, but, since these included a LOT of ssApps and ppApps, these are HUGE files, over 16 GB in total, so this will take quite a while to upload. [ And I have never installed these versions, only collected them, but I THINK they are x86/x64 versions. :) ] If appropriate, if you wish to create a torrent for them, I'll be glad to piggy-back onto them for a while. It would be nicer, and more convenient for everyone concerned, if someone could strip most of the Apps out of them to decrease their size for whoever needed to download them. But I'm sure that the user base for them is small, with the exception of syntaxterror, so I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

The Freezer likes this.
  9. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

BP, why don't you open the .iso in UltraISO and delete most of the apps, and do a "save as" and rename it slightly. Sure it won't have the original hash but there is no reason to upload all those old apps. Just thinking about your bandwidth and time (and of whoever would download it).

10. bphlpt

They're already a little over 10% uploaded, so they should be done in about 15-16 hours or so, or before noon tomorrow by sometime on Saturday( EST). I was headed out to run some errands when I began the upload, so it seemed to be easier to do it that way at the time. I put them directly in Freezer's archive, so he'll have easy access to make any changes he wants to do to them, and they'll be safely stored for posterity.

EDIT: Please note the change in upload time. When I glanced at the progress earlier and saw it was about 25% uploaded, that was actually the progress for just one of the two ISO's, not the total progress. whoops :) So, like I originally stated, the upload will take awhile. Oh well.

EDIT 2: All uploaded now.

The Freezer and Trouba like this.
  11. The Freezer

Thanks, does that seem slow to you? It should be receiving at this end at your full upstream speed. Downstream here is 100Mb/s or 12800Kb/s; but it looks like you're averaging around 600Kb/s ... ?

Also thank you for including some info files with checksums and sizes.

12. The Freezer

I thought it might be an issue with the QoS settings; but now I think it might be the Filezilla server settings "Internal transfer buffer size" / "Socket buffer size". It says to adjust these values if you get very slow transfer. Problem is I'm not sure what those should be for faster transfers.

--EDIT: I found this: Solution to slow FTP Server speeds (Filezilla and others); so I'll try that and see.

Oops, it looks like I somehow broke your connection to the server. Sorry!

13. The Freezer

Alternatively, you could upload the files to a temporary folder on Bluehost and I can move them to the archives that way. ;)

14. bphlpt

LOL I wondered what happened. Anyway, it's all done now, everything complete. I temporarily exited from my VPN and the upload speeds were over eight or nine times faster.

EDIT: I don't know if your changes contributed to, or were the cause of, the speed increase.

I had originally planned that, but since I figured you would need to download the files to your server anyway, I thought I would save you the trouble and the time by sending them to you directly.

The Freezer and Trouba like this.
  15. The Freezer

Thanks, appreciate it!

16. SNBeast

SNBeast Guest

Where can the LastOSes be downloaded?

17. The Freezer

Still working on it. Will post here when they become available.

18. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

I have them all if you need any help with sharing.

Which cosmos was the last version released I appear to have 1.1/2.0/7.3

The Freezer likes this.
  19. The Freezer

Thanks. I've recently lost all the LastOS archive; so, I just may take you up on that :)

But I've got to get a new hard drive or two before I'm ready though

20. The Freezer

Glenn would have a better idea of the history on CosmOS

21. Glenn

You really just needed to open the ISO file and look at the dates on the files to tell, but 7.3 was the last release as I used 7.3 and 8.3 for CosmOS v7.3 For Win 7 and Awaken v8.3 For Windows 8.

I am starting to think I need to make an updated release of everything (Without Special Apps - Just OS required ones) and a separate Apps release that can be cloned into any USB OS install.

I would only have one question, should I just use one PE with the option to install any of the OS's using WinNTSetup, or should I release each built on it's own OS's PE? I am just working on an Idea here, no promises yet.

mortmaru and The Freezer like this.
  22. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

I remember having problems with cosmos 7.3 blue screen when trying to install not sure if you remember I posted about it over at sharingisthepoint.

I managed to get this to work for ryzen with just adding drivers using ntlite wasn't sure if there was a another way which is better to do it.

If you do a newer one can you update the drivers to support new and old systems

23. Glenn

You can't have both, if you have old driver support then it wont work on new PC's, if you have the newer drivers then it wont work on old PC's, there really isn't a happy medium, you just have to integrate drivers like you did in some cases - UNLESS you disable AHCI back to IDE mode, or enable legacy mode for USB 3 etc etc - in other words, if you have a new PC then you should really use a newer OS, I am just about to install Windows 7 x86 on a netbook - that will be the first time in many many years I have even touched anything other than Windows 8 or 10. I do remember Sop and Kirk managed to give the option during boot if you want original drivers or new drivers, but this failed to boot at all for some people too - there really isn't an optimal solution.

24. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

I dont think x86 is even supported anymore why would it really 4gb is standard but I suppose some people with very old systems may have memory below that.

I disagree Win 7 x64 is perfect still for newer systems and has no issues if drivers are integrated.

Why x86 is it really that old which if thats the case maybe xp is better suited lol

Cosmos has the 4 options of Windows right so you could just apply new or old to the different builds? (I applied intel and ryzen drivers in pro without removing old ones and worked 100% fine running ahci)

25. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I like the idea of having a newer boot.wim inside the Win7 image (like a Win8 or Win10 boot.wim) so that install.esd can be used for the Win7 images but I've run into problems doing this. At least on some hardware. But recently I did see some Win7 images that have USB3 and storage drivers integrated in both the boot.wim and install.wim/esd.

I don't think it's a problem to integrate specific drivers for one's own hardware that way, but to integrate such drivers for a general image that would be installed on systems old and new might prove more difficult. I know of one instance that I had to deal with regarding Intel chipset drivers, I believe between version 9 and 10 (or might have been 8 and 9) where Intel, internally, designated a "0" in the driver code where it should have had a unique identifier, so when you install it on certain hardware, it could pick up the drivers for v9 where it really needs the drivers for v8 or 10 of the chipset drivers, which causes the install to fail. Perhaps there are some modified drivers that would work and given that a few people are still making Win7 images with integrated drivers and install.esd's, it might be possible. I can make an image that way that would work on my systems, but unless you have a pool of testers with various hardwares I don't see how they could release it with any certainty (and perhaps they do that).

So instead I've only been making images with the default Win7 boot.wim, without any drivers integrated in it and the install.wim, so people can integrate the drivers for their own systems. Intel makes a utility that allows you to integrate the drivers for your specific system, so given that it might be better to have images without extra drivers integrated so people can add them for their particular systems.