last7 x86

Discussion in 'Last7' started by syntaxterror, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

After having access to the massive test bed of hardware, I came to the same result as Trouba, integrate nothing so that people can add their own. When you do happen to come across hardware that doesn't play nice, your left with no options - you can't install it with an integrated solution without removing the known problem drivers, but you have no idea which ones are causing the problem - this is the only reason I turned away from integrating driverpacks and instead made them post install only, you still would need to have your required drivers on the USB/DVD your installing from, but they are not integrated. Then what I do is make a backup copy of the original boot.wim and integrate the required drivers onto the boot.wim from within the LivePE (SavePE), then I am able to replace the boot.wim and reboot the system to install the PC.

The Freezer likes this.
  2. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

I get drivers for chipset from fernandos win-raid forum.

This place explains each pack and which hardware and firmware is supported it's not like lot of drivers pack which just bundle 100 if not thousands drivers in there.

There is also mods ones available.

I downloaded about 6 sets from there and used ntlite to add them to cosmos 7.3 and not had any problems with any old or new machines even laptops which always gave me problems worked it just took bit more time (I only did intel/amd no nvidia ones)

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Trouba and The Freezer like this.
  3. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Perhaps you can upload the drivers you use in a .7z somewhere and link it here, I'd be interested to look at it.

4. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

It would be simpler for you to just go to the site I mentioned it has details about each package.

I expect you guys understand it more than myself anyway

Not sure if link there is allowed which is why i didnt post one.

Trouba likes this.
  5. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

If you're ready, PM me and I'll give you access to a contributor's ftp folder. It would be greatly appreciated if you could help us recover whatever you have :)

6. mortmaru

mortmaru New Member

Which ones do you need so I can re check I have them?