LastOS 1809 LTSC x64 Volcanic PE

Discussion in 'LastOS-Based Mods Released By Other Members' started by 00Proteus00, Feb 20, 2020.

1. 00Proteus00

00Proteus00 Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Windows 10 1809 LTSC x64 Volcanic PE

Explosive red themed build. Eruptions and explosions with lots of fire and lava!
    Post Installer and additional settings included in this build as well as PE installer.

About
    Windows 10 1809 LTSC x64 17763.1039
    Updated thru February 15,2020
    Language: English
    Size: 6.71gb

NOTE: Build IS activated. KMS38 Activator included on desktop just in case. Just open up the folder
    and right click KMS38_Activation and run as administrator. Sit back and wait for the magic to happen.

NOTE: Post installer & Settings Icons on desktop. DVD/Flashdrive MUST be inserted for these to work.

NOTE: To install Windows, double click "Windows Installer" Icon on desktop.

Removed
    Nothing

Disabled
    Nothing

Added
    Google Chrome
    7zip
    Right Click Enhancer
    Ribbon Disabler
    UltraUX Theme Patcher
    Stardock Start 10
    Stardock Windowblinds
    3 Windowblinds Skins
    20 Wallpapers
    Custom Red Icon Pack
    MS Visual Basic Updates
    DX9 Updates

Additional Software via Post Installer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Burn ISO to DVD/Flashdrive then boot to said device.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Torrent Link:
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0f775048d5d433bb18f0ef1ea6070df5b4b0c583&dn=Win10LTSC1809Volcanic.iso&tr=http%3a%2f%2fmy.teamos-hkrg.com%3a8880%2f000871352b3da343b37d56c5cdda5927%2fannounce

NOTE: I created the torrent, and am seeding on my computer, this is the link, if there are ANY issues with the link, let me know and I will just create a torrent. If this works ok it will be better and faster since there are 60+ seeders right now.

[​IMG]

6100m likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Get you glowing hot release toady :)

Downloading at 1.4 - 2.8MB/s that is good speeds but... I still don't trust that I'll be able to download from the TeamOS tracker if I don't do what they ask (No DHT and forced to seed a ratio to even start downloading anything else now - they can stop me getting any data off their tracker if they want - meaning no peers to download from, makes me nervous).

Wow your first PE release and you only mention it in a single line on a sentence, good work getting it all working together how you want, I am looking forward to seeing what you decided to go with - it only has like 500+ choices in it :) I'll leave you some feedback once I get time to install it later.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  3. 00Proteus00

I download all the time with DHT enabled using Qbittorrent. I have uTorrent setup for no DHT and only the TeamOS tracker.

Im sure there are some things you will find in it, but for the most part, I have the PE working with the windows installer icon working, and it also auto activates, and I think I may have a way to autorun the settings and post installer. Playing with that now

Glenn likes this.
  4. Glenn

I've only tested the LivePE side of things (gonna be a busy time for me for a bit)

1. Booted the VM with it in... how the heck did you get the logon screen of the LivePE changed to the volcano one???

It's pretty amazing that your whole PE is 994mb as it has everything you could need including 3 browsers and it uses 200MB less ram then my PE did. It

Macrium Reflect seems to do everything needed to image or fix a installed OS, I've not used it myself, but if have and recommend it I'll start including it in my builds to make switching between using them for our users to be seamless (so they can restore/recover and use either LivePE), I just need to know it's been real world tested and performed as expected first. It is quite nice how it can analyze the Partitions fast from the journals, so you know all the info before starting.

Your internet worked no problems, so I guess I must have broken mine before I somehow fixed it again.

Can't fault the PE at all, good work, I am sure you'll be right to use them in your future work as you think suits, but please change the logon sound :) and maybe the Accent Color in the included aero.theme, man I hate that blue :D

I'll try and get the OS fully tested tomorrow after working the day, we'l see how I am feeling after it (removing gutters most of the day).

6100m and 00Proteus00 like this.
  5. 00Proteus00

1 - Login Screen/PE Background. Delete the one in there and add your own. MUST be named img0.jpg

[​IMG]

2 - Using Win10x PE instead of SE

3 - Macrium Reflect is AMAZING! Total HD package. Ive done clone, restore, backup, with it so far with 100% perfection.

4 - Background sound removed. Didnt even know it was there. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Glenn and The Freezer like this.
  6. Glenn

9:35pm when I got home, and was a very hot day, so will have to wait another night for my OS testing feedback, we're going back up to work again tomorrow now too, so I will do my best tomorrow night (gotta start early again). but thank you for sharing your information, I did set my wallpaper, but didn't think it applied as early as your was, maybe it did then, been a wild week for VM's and scripting for me. I will be including Macrium's tools in my future builds, they might be a few months away, unless I figure out a heap of new exciting stuff I want to share :) I don't know what I'll find next lately.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  7. Glenn

Cosmetic:
    Windows setup.exe (install windows) first screen in WinRE desktop icon is your Alien theme one, doesn't seem very volcanic, nor does the 2nd full screen section (also alien themed) :) The cyan would be better orange or flame colored.

Helpful tip:- You can easily remember what you need to do (especially when it's repeatable) if you work from a list of mods and once you complete the mod you add a * before the step/job, you try to keep things grouped or in order, it makes producing polished mods a LOT easier to know you've done the steps needed to make each mod a unique experience for your users. * More details below *

* I use these tips myself http://forum.lastos.org/index.php?threads/last20-builder-v1-0-1.1865/ but instead of keeping a group list of jobs, I make it in to an automated batch script that applies itself when you run it, The LastOS builders in the past were not made with Batch files, so the fact this one is, anyone can learn to follow and change it to do the things they want and learning how to use batch files is a skill worth having if you love automation/customization, it takes the complex task of remembering each tiny modification and places it in a easy to repeat or fix location, the How to shown on the builder page has the order I mod OS's in, if that is of any help to anyone. It would be very possible to make script that automatically apply a new setup theme or set default cursors etc, but I personally only build 2 - 3 OS's a year now, so don't mind manually updating my artwork for these. Doing my pre release test VM install of my OS, I keep a text document on my desktop called ToFix.txt and I write each of the steps I need to fix in my OS mod, I do this over and over until my list is empty.

3D Object folder in Explorer's Folders is still default/yellow.

Bugs, problems:
    Your install.esd is still over 900mb bigger than a freshly captured (no mods) image, I still need to compare why, it may simply be you haven't re-based it, but maybe you want users to be able to uninstall the updates you pre apply??? If not the M:\zLast20_Builder\01_Syspreping\01Update_CleanVM\09_VM_Clean.cmd has the dism command to do that step, also you can use cleanmgr to do it manually. Up to you, but like i say, it'll knock 700-800mb off your install.esd size and cause your install to be over 2gb smaller to install.

Cool Stuff:

That default theme is VERY well matched and even with the Start10's theme.

WindowBlinds! Stardock is back... I might have a hunt for some nice themes and see if I can make it an optional extra instead of requiring the integration. Thanks for sharing this.

Other:

I noticed the Default logon screen, during my latest building I figured out how to replace that and you can find it in the builder at M:\zLast20_Builder\01_Syspreping\01Update_CleanVM\02_Overlay.cmd and the file to replace and the image resolutions in: M:\zLast20_Builder\01_Syspreping\01Update_CleanVM\02_Overlay sub folders, it's quite a bit of work, but the sysprep stage is very accessible to make these changes compared to from the WInRE or the installed OS, even as Administrator.

*** I may be back to edit this post with more information in 20 hours or so, I am working everyday until the job is finished and only got and hour or sometime two to do everything on my computer. For the next week or so... Might be erratically posting and fragmented feedback until that's all done sorry. The VM is still installed waiting for more tinkering still.

The Freezer likes this.
  8. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

For some reason I have not been able to get past OOBE errors for "Region", "Keyboard", etc. such as these:
    VirtualBox_Proteus_22_02_2020_19_12_59.png VirtualBox_Proteus_22_02_2020_15_42_44.png

Anyway, I was just curious if your mod was staying activated even though clearly the logo for System Properties had been modified. (And perhaps the "About Windows" logo, too?)