LastOS 1909 Pro x64

Discussion in 'LastOS-Based Mods Released By Other Members' started by 00Proteus00, Feb 5, 2020.

1. 00Proteus00

00Proteus00 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last OS 1909 Pro x64

About
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64 18363.628
    All updates thru
    February 5, 2020
    Language: English
    Size:
    5.87gb

NOTE: Windows is automatically activated .KMS38 Activator included on desktop (My personal favorite) if by some
    chance it didnt automatically activate during installation. If you prefer another method feel free to do so.

NOTE: Once Windows is finished installing, double click the "Settings" icon on the desktop
    for additional settings via the LastOS settings app. DVD/Flashdrive must be inserted to work.

NOTE: Once Windows is finished installing, double click the "Post InstallerI" icon on the
    desktop and the post installer program will open and you can choose as many programs
    as you like. DVD/Flashdrive MUST be inserted for the post installer to work.

NOTE: Once "Settings" & "Post Installer" have been run, delete the icons from the desktop.

Removed
    Nothing

Disabled
    Nothing

Added
    StartisBack
    UxThemepatcher
    Ribbon Disabler
    Blade Custom Cursors
    Custom Darker Theme
    Pry Light Icon Pack
    MS Visual Basic Updates
    Right Click Enhancer
    WPD (Windows Privacy Dashboard)(on desktop)

Additional Software Available via Post Installer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Images
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Google Drive
    EDIT: 03-03-2021 - NEW Google Drive Link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FTKmBL0qt0jZX6-WmAmYqDdlLwuwF_2L/view?usp=sharing

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. 00Proteus00

Will be adding a link to google drive as soon as it uploads.

MikeWiper and billybob62 like this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Looking forward to playing with this, I'll run through a VM test once my WinRE build has finished for Trouba, before I start fiddling with my sysprep of LTSC.

I did notice you haven't updated all your included apps, I updated a HEAP of apps yesterday too:
    http://repo.lastos.org/list.php?dir=&sort=date&order=desc

I especially noticed the older version of KLMCodeC Pack is only 14.8.4 instead of v15.5.3 and irfanview is 2 versions behind etc.

The theme is really good, I can't see the mouse cursor at all so that'll be a surprise.

I'll get back to you about this release properly in a few hours or so - gotta school appointment to attend first.

Also I'll seed it for a while too, grabbed from Google so will add a seed soon.

4. Glenn

Remember I am a stickler for bug spotting and polishing tips ;)

Doh, it's your mouse cursor from your other two OS's - still a surprise I guess... but not the same :p

C:\Users\defaultuser0 folder still exists, this is a issue with sysprep and not your fault, I found a fix in Last10's:-

X:\sources\$FirstLogonApps\RemoveUser.exe which is a WinRAR SFX I made with a auto starting cmd - removeuser.cmd:
    Code:
    @echo off
    net user defaultuser0 /delete
    attrib -r -h -s C:\Users\defaultuser0\*.* /s /d
    rmdir C:\Users\defaultuser0 /s /q

Your capture seems to have the user removed already, so you really need to just get rid of that folder manually before you capture the image tho.

In Settings (LastOS Settings) you never upgraded the Settings\SettingsBG.png to match your theme, lucky it almost matches anyway.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in your install is default... I would recommend you look for a good hosts file to include, Trouba and I use:
    https://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

Make sure you have known file type extensions shown, because it is not "hosts.txt" it is only "hosts"... This file will make many ad sites not work and blocks known malware/ransomware known addresses too.

You could add a link to C:\Windows\RibbonDisabler.exe in your X:\sources\$OEM$\$1\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\RibbonDisabler.lnk that you create on your current system pointing to the correct C:\Windows\ location.

Your included Wallpaper collection is very small... not really a problem - just an observation.

Not your fault, but I really do not like Windows 10 Pro :p More than 20GB for a fresh installation... THAT'S INSANE! LTSC is lucky to get over 9 to 10GB

The Default App Mode is still set to Light, even though you replace the theme to a dark one if you do run some UWP apps they may show as white instead of dark gray, also not a problem, just something I noticed.

It sure is up to date, couldn't be more up to date if you tried 2020-02-06.

Clicking Website: "Online Support" on the Properties page does nothing

Maybe play around with including a file that users can rename and edit that will automate the installation, it is a big change having to type in your users details, then again most users have their own Unattend.xml to use, so maybe not important.

---------

Probably could have listed more, but my kids are driving me bonkers, fighting each other..

Overall, I would be happy to use this as a daily if I needed a windows 10 Pro myself, but I will just keep it for using on friends PC's who I know need Pro for games, especially those who will enjoy a Dark Alien style.

Assume the rest of the things not listed are perfect and can be part of your future releases without modification :D

Thanks again for sharing your work, hope your having as much fun building as I do tearing it apart.

6100m likes this.
  5. 00Proteus00

Thanks for the critique. Im in agreement yet puzzled on a few things:

1- 1909 must reset the App Mode, since I had it set to dark in the build. Will have to look further into this, or just use a theme other than default.

2- The Online Support was this "forum.lastos.org" and should have brought up the last os home page.

3- I have all images set to 1920x1080, maybe I should go up a bit for those with better monitors. Also, I usually include about 20-30 wallpapers in my builds, this was an oversight, small, but still a mistake.

4- Never thought about changing hosts file. I guess I always thought that would be a user specific item. Will look into it.

5- Never knew about the defaultuser0 problem with sysprep. Will address that immediately with all future builds.

6- Blade Cursors, havent used them yet in any of the builds I've shown here. (except the Infinium10 VIP). i wish CursorFX still worked with Win10. Will work on adding more/different cursors.

7- Ribbon Explorer, I guess I always thought once its disabled, who would WANT to re-enable it. Would be nice to have a link tho.

8- I "detest" Pro version. I am a die-hard LTSB/C man. I run LTSC on ALL my machines (except seedbox, which is Win7Ult/Lunux Mint). However, a TON of people over at other site like Pro because of gaming, so the majority of my builds are Pro.

9- Will work on backgrounds for the settings app. I thought it matched somewhat well, at least in the same ballpark anyway :)

10- I updated a LOT of the newer apz, actually I got EVERY new one from the repository and added them to the appropriate sections. The total size is just over 4.4gb with EVERYTHING in there. I toned that down a bit for this build, and only included the bare necessities. Future builds will be bigger, but will offer all the newer apz as well as everything else.

Done with the novel. I appreciate the feedback. I realize I took a different approach to get to the end point, and is pretty similar to yours with the exception of all the automation. As always, the input ya'll give is priceless and very much appreciated. I feel what I have learned here so far has helped me a TON and improved my builds. I will continue to improve them and may just work with LTSC ONLY on this site. However, 1809 Pro is still my favorite version of PRO. I may do a few of those too. 1909 isnt resonating well with me so far, but over there (teamos) I have to keep it "current release".

I have a few more customisations I want to add in for "eye candy", but so far have been working on getting things functional rather than pretty.

Thanks again,

Al (Proteus)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    6100m and Glenn like this.
  6. billybob62

billybob62 Member

Google drive is much faster downloading than using a torrent client for those who want it.Thanks 00Proteus00 for this fine build!

6100m and Glenn like this.
  7. Glenn

If you compare the apps in your screenshots above, many of those versions are the ones used in Last10 LTSC x64 2019.04 and haven't been upgraded to the ones available in the repository, it's not too important, just noticed many of them are older as it takes me 10 or so hours to update/upload them all, so I remember them :p

When windows first booted up:
    Errors.png

The Properties link probably failed due to the errors on first logon, I imagine installing chrome or firefox would fix it straight away - who uses edge anyway.

I use Ribbon now I am used to it, really good for inverting selections, changing view modes rapidly and other stuff, I do keep mine minimized, but enabled by default myself, maybe we should poll and see what others are doing with it?

The reason we apply Tweaks pre and post logon is so they stick to newly created users, as you said, some things get reset to MS's defaults (Dark Mode) and not what you configure.

Keep doing what your doing, I don't want you to copy me, I want your idea of the best an OS can be, it wont stop me sharing why I do things the way I do, just so your learning something new or you can explain your reasons to me ;) If we came up with the same results then it wouldn't be exciting for anyone. There is no right way to mod a OS, only I may modify ideas from others to be optional, rather than hard coded - I am working on the icon packs, but they require you uninstall the previous ones first, I noticed if I update them to iPack v2.2 it will even ask to uninstall them first, so I may be able to make an AutoIt GUI with previews to pick the icons on first logon (much like Settings), I used to do this with LastXP v15, but I lost all the code and methods from that release in the past (it would have been written in VisualBasic 6 anyway tho), so I'd need to rewrite it all again, may be worth doing for the ability to choose.

I used to offer Mouse Cursors in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 but I haven't for Windows 10 yet. Might be time to spend some days making a whole post install themer... With your help/feedback I don't mind doing the work again, let me know if your interested in that?

00Proteus00 and billybob62 like this.
  8. billybob62

billybob62 Member

He must have gone off-line as the Google Drive has almost come to a stand still!:(

00Proteus00 likes this.
  9. 00Proteus00

Google drive should still function regardless. I went offline as soon as I uploaded it. Probably weather related. Severe storms across the whole southeast today.

10. billybob62

billybob62 Member

It's weird it almost stopped at 4 gb and had to start it all over again. Working again for now.

11. billybob62

billybob62 Member

Got it installed!:). Works Great Thanks.

00Proteus00 likes this.
  12. 6100m

6100m Member

Wow proteus nice job! Now I can have your releases in two places! :D

TeamOS and LastOS

Im toadiller btw :wink

00Proteus00 likes this.
  13. 00Proteus00

I released it there so I could build up seeders, but it was made for here with the PE I've been playing with. Plus, with all the extra seeders, I can circumvent logging in there and just give the torrent URL from MY machine, and use their resources for faster transfers.

14. 6100m

6100m Member

Nice :D Im playing with the XP version rn, I'm setting up a wii devkit :D

00Proteus00 likes this.
  15. x4mpp

x4mpp Guest

reup for google drive?

16. vladv

vladv Guest

Yes please, Google Drive link is already dead!

17. 00Proteus00

As embarrasing as this may be, the google link is gone for some reason, and so is the file from my hard drive. We must rely on someone who has it to re-up it so we can get it, plus so I can get a copy of it back.

My deepest apologies to all. I cant believe I actually deleted an OS off my HD.....

On a side note, as soon as this corona crap passes I will be able to put more time into OS's again. I work in EMS and drive an ambulance and we are getting busy as hell lately.

18. Boo4bie

Boo4bie Guest

Thank you for these OS's, and your service

00Proteus00 likes this.
  19. DonDamm

DonDamm Guest

Hmm. Looking forward to trying this, but with the GoogleDrive link gone and the torrent stuck at 17.4% with no seeders and 1 connected peer of 2 this could take longer than CoVid19 Crisis!!! lol Any chance for a seeder or two??? Or maybe a Mega.nz link??
    In the meantime, many thanks for the efforts 00Proteus00. Been using versions of modded OSs for years since the early LastXPs. It's now really hard to work on bog standard install. Keep up the good work and stay healthy! :^)

20. Glenn

I was going to re-seed it and noticed I didn't even have it, I guess it went bye bye when my HDD died the other week, I am sick of dodgy HDD's, anyway if you re-make the torrent based off the same ISO file it should resume for DonDamm and I can re-get it myself.

-EDIT-

Ah HA! I figure it out, I named it 1903 instead of 1909, same file, wrong name, no wonder I couldn't find it, anyway, I'l seed it soon. no need to re-make torrent (unless I am wrong again :pWill confirm in a sec)

-EDIT-

Yeah it's seeding now

21. DonDamm

DonDamm Guest

Wow! Brilliant! Thanks, it completed and I'm seeding now. (still trying to get Last20 - at 78.5%!) Appreciate the double check. :^)

22. Glenn

I am seeding Last20 again now, please leave your download going tho as I can't be seeding it once I start working on new LastOS stuff. So once the current queue of peers complete I'll stop the seed again.

23. DonDamm

DonDamm Guest

It's 100% now and I've added that tracker. Apparently 0 of 3 Peers and only 2 Seeds (4 in swarm) for Last20, and 0 of 0 peers and 2 Seeds for this LastOS 1909. I'll keep it on for about another day, but I'm running it through a VPN 'cause Comcast complains about torrents. It works, but causes other limitations, so I'll have to shut it off pretty soon. If someone needs it, I could transfer it to another machine that isn't my main working rig and set it there on a separate network. :^)

24. 6100m

6100m Member

Heyo Proteus :D Although the google drive link is down, just so you know :D I cant seed yet mate, but when I get some server stuff done I might :D

00Proteus00 likes this.
  25. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Just a FYI, all windows 10 have dedicated software list that each Win Ver supports, be careful about how you go about it.

FACT: I have legit 1809 LTSC and I had to install 1803 Pro legit just to play a paid for game, so I have Quad booting going on just to reflect these differences, DUMB

00Proteus00 likes this.