Miscellaneous discussion (SetupS)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Trouba, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator

Code:
    [File Explorer.lnk.WIN_10]
    Target=
    Description=Displays the files and folders on your computer.
    Icon=%windir%\explorer.exe
    Default=%Programs%\System Tools
    Catalog=
    Shortcut=
    [Run.lnk.WIN_10]
    Target=
    Icon=%windir%\system32\shell32.dll
    Index=-25
    Default=%Programs%\System Tools
    Catalog=
    Shortcut=
    Sorry I don't have Quick Assist, I never removed it so don't know why I don't, running Win 10 Pro x64.

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator

Here is the actual .lnk's if the above is incomplete, dunno why the target is blank.

Attached Files:

3. The Freezer

The Freezer Lead Developer for SetupS Staff Member

Universal Apps, maybe?

If I remember correctly, peeking at the properties of a Universal app's shortcut will show the target is disabled.

Glenn likes this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Administrator

I just noticed that if you install a ppGame it will create a StartIn= in the link target section even if it never had one set. This would be fine, but with ppGames you can actually move them around out of the X:\ppGames\ folder to Y:\ppGames\ if the HDD is getting full, this stops it from working with ssWPI or any shortcuts being made as the drive letter for %ppGames% is different to the manually move to drive. Not sure why you would want a StartIn= when the exe is in the root path anyway, that happens automatically.

Up to you if you think it's worth changing this, just something I noticed.

5. The Freezer

The Freezer Lead Developer for SetupS Staff Member

Yeah, I see what you mean. But, I, for the life of me, cannot remember what possible reason I had for doing that. Most of the time Startin is the same as %AppPath%; and if left blank defaults to %AppPath% anyway. Plus, all the paths -- Target, Icon, etc.even StartIn -- are all relative to the %AppPath%. The only mandatory (non-blank) requirements for a shortcut are its Link Name and Target. :what:

I'll take a closer look, I can't imagine that that was a random decision.

Glenn likes this.