Last7 Collection

Discussion in 'Last7' started by The Freezer, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

I made a Win7 x64 build on 2022.05.20 but have not uploaded it. It uses the x86 LivePE as in previous releases. I would have uploaded much more but my upload speed is so slow that I usually have to stretch it out over days as to not cause problems with bandwidth for other things here.

If people are interested I can upload it, and I also did have the intent of creating a "final" (*last*, hehe) Win7 image -- or images, x86 also -- with the final updates that should come out Jan 2023. Win7 deserves such a salute :)

I did install the Win7 2022.05.20 iso on my main PC and made a system backup image of it, so I am kind of alternating between Win11 and 7 right now. It only takes 2 minutes to restore to either from a LivePE and I enjoy both OS's although Win11's dark mode is easier on the eyes (and you get used to that quick).

mircea, mortmaru and bphlpt like this.
  2. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

@Trouba I say do it for the Last 7 era! @mircea would be all for it for a 32 bit side.

EDIT - And a relive of LastXP as some of the images as a final farewell to both ( yea LastV was in there also ) , ok ok, a farewell to LastXP, LastV, Last7, Last8/8.1

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    mircea and bphlpt like this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

FinalXP, Final7 would be suitable names

mircea likes this.
  4. mircea

mircea Member

@TROUBA.Yes im ready to try your new WIN7 64bit if its ready.;)

Trouba likes this.
  5. Steve Hedges

Steve Hedges belveder

A bit late but hell yes please if possible

Thanks either way

6. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

'Microsoft has announced that it is ending support for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 operating systems from January 10, 2023. This means that both operating systems will no longer receive any feature or security updates from the company'.

I deleted all my windows 7 stuff, old builder stuff everything is gone, not support and both win 7 and win 8 is not secure anymore. Now if you are using windows 7/8 local only with no internet that is fine as I have AllData on a small laptop with win 7 but it does not go on the internet at all :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  7. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

It's not that way, MS still releasing security updates for Win7 and such, just ESU (extended support updates) that you can even get through WU using a bypass script.

bphlpt and mircea like this.
  8. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

@Ghost & @Trouba are both correct. Yes, MS has announced end of "public" support for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1, BUT, MS is still obligated to support those OS for their enterprise customers until sometime between 2024 and 2026(?). So, how can "regular" users get access to those updates, and can they be applied to their OS? It is a bit more work, but is possible by using a solution from abbodi1406 over at MDL. Here's the link to the BypassESU thread - https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...-extended-security-updates-eligibility.80606/ - and here's a quote from that thread that explains the jist of what needs to be done and why:

All of the updates you then choose to apply to your OS (7, 8, or 8.1), will be legit, direct from MS updates. The only "hinky" part of it is how you obtain them. So these OS can remain as secure as they have ever been. Then the only issue is drivers and up-to-date apps, such as browsers or games, that still run on them. There are ways around both of those issues as well, but again, it usually requires a bit more work, and the amount of work required will continue to increase as time goes on. It is totally up to the user if they feel that work is worth the result for them. But, with careful attention, "safety" should not be a concern at this time.

There is also a simpler solution available for Windows 7, and that's the Simplix Pack - https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...egrate-hotfixes-into-win7-distribution.45005/ - which continues to be updated every month and can be applied live to any Windows 7 installation, kind of like a service pack. Here's a quote from that thread as to when you might want to use Simplix vs BypassESU:

There are other solutions available as well, such as - Integrate7 Script – Automatically Slipstream Updates and Drivers Up to 05/2023! - so if you want to keep using Windows 7, you should be able to.

And, for all of those solutions, you should be able to add the LastOS magic to it, with all of the advantages we've come to love and count on.