Last7 Collection

Discussion in 'Last7' started by The Freezer, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

I am trying Windows 8.1 out as I write this. The version of Falcon 4.0 that is the most respected is the BMS version, which I finally figured out how to get that, earlier in the week. But all these danged detours I keep taking, are really slowing that whole thing down.
    I already ordered a sata DVD burner... but the Windows Hotfixes may put a big dent in my windows 7 pursuits, or I would have to forgo using the SSD drive on windows 7. I dunno. I hope I can get the Hotfixes.

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

After following the rabbit hole that is Falcon 4 and it's leaked sourcecode I found it's final resting place:

http://www.g4g.it/2013/11/24/free-falcon-v6-0/

I am grabbing a copy now as I have 3 Flight Sticks (one is a Gravis Precision), might be fun to fly around a bit :)

3. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

4. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

Looking through the rest of the manual, it looks like they have all of the arrows pointing from the device to the closeup or explanation, while I, and I guess you, would have expected it to be the other way around. So understandable mistake, until you compare the manual to a photo or the actual board and figure out what they did.

5. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

I guess I have a little explaining to do. All I ever did was Jetfighter II. I had a blast with that little flight sim. (Of course it was a long time ago!) I got to talking with the wife, and since she is a DIE HARD GAMER, I was trying to draw a connection to her. So I got to... talking about my Jetfighter II days... and how much fun I had... and so I thought... maybe now that I have a lot more time on my hands, I should try that again. But I already won all the missions in JF2. No fun in doing a repeat. So I started checking on where things went from there. Near as I can tell, Falcon 4.0 was the best. Jetfighter III was a bust, I bought the CD, loaded it maybe one or two times... The Freezer liked X-Wing, and if I ever get out from under this whole endeavor I have undertaken, I may hunt that down and take a test run. The thing is... Falcon 3.0 was regarded as the best... but it only ran on DOS??? I still don't know, although I have bought it, have the CD's in hand somewhere, I have been trying to get Falcon 4.0 on a machine I might enjoy it on. The big difference between Falcon 3, and 4... is does a SIM written for dos, understand a joystick that is connected via USB? I did JF2, all on keyboard IIRC.

I know that the BMS version is big with multiplayer groups that fly together over the internet. I think. I got it. I've made an image of my Falcon 4.0 cd... and I'll upload it to you real soon.
    I'll upload the BMS version too.

On Windows XP, I used VirtualCD, to make virtual disk images in the system. It was great, you could make .vbs scripts that would mount and unmount your drives. Do we have anytrhing similar here in 64 bit land?

6. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Well searc hing for a Gravis Precision didn't have any exact matches. Is this what you have?

Attached Files:

7. Glenn

Yes that is the flight stick I have.

I also grabbed Falcon 4 ISO from the regular places I'll fiddle round with them on a later day tho as I am working on my Raspberry Pie today, getting it ready to visit my Mum and play a few classic games with her - she's never been into games, so should be fun (I picked the games that defined each console/computer - or ones I had fun with.

I made a script to make Open Falcon 6 portable, so I updated it to include all the cockpits and one extra set of maps, I'll make a ppGame out of it once I give it a good test.

8. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

I freaked out. I just plain freaked out! You see, I bought this gaming chair. https://imperatorworks.com/index.php/iw-j20 And... when it arrived by LTL shipping company, I did not know I should have unpacked it right there in my garage, before signing for it. The container for it was in great shape, so why would I guess that them damned chinese would box up a chair that looked like it had been through an EF5 tornado... and ship it to me in a great looking box! Ok, I see I had typed this before I got into replacing the damaged seat, then deciding I wanted the seat bottom with an elevated pitch (12 degrees), so there went 2 more days on this chair. I finished it last night around 11pm. Then fell into bed, till 7:30 AM. 8 hours sleep!!! First time in months I got that much sleep! (I'm COPD stage 4+, already got a letter from my pulmonologist that I would be dead in 3 months, but that was 9 months ago! And I don't have any plans on dying anytime soon. I've already been through it. Reading that letter was a real mind blower!!! I guess I'm just too tough to die. At least for the moment.)

9. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

That's the advantage to having a project. You have to stay around in order to finish it, there's no other choice. Once the mind decides, the body has to follow. So keep setting up new projects!

The Freezer likes this.
  10. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Does it allow you and me to fly together? The BMS version does.

11. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

BP, I am just going to say it. I learned early in life, when I meet a man who claims to be just an ordinary guy, they are usually NOT! You are no exception to that RULE!!! A lowly staff member my ass... you could make a student out of Yoda!!!
    The Project you speak of, is my wife... Sylvia.

You know, my business always slows down to a crawl especially after Thanksgiving. All the way through New Years Day. I don't think I could survive a trip to Australia, otherwise I would have already left to meet Glenn. But I would love a trip to meet all you guys here in the States. You, The Freezer, and Trouba. I can plug my oxygen machine into my cars charger socket, and I can drive anywhere.

A wise man once told me that when you are special, nobody even sees you, except someone else, who is also special.
    So in that vein, like they said on Avatar, "I see You!"

Glenn likes this.
  12. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Ok guys... I can see the surface... I'm almost there. I took Trouba's advice... and grabbed this man's work, from here...
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads...SkyLake-KabyLake-CoffeLake-Ryzen-Threadripper

Just to install windows 7 on my nvme ssd drive.
    I can say... it worked as advertised. It is really some pretty slick stuff.
    Now I tried to use that tool, with the LastOS Windows 7 CosmOS v7.3 iso image, and it failed... so now I am running a Stock Windows 7 Ultimate with no activation key, I just said I'll do that later. I need to get rid of this install fast... I grabbed a key to a different version of Windows 7, an OEM version, off of ebay for a couple of dollars. I have to make a new iso with that one... then I can install it.

I won't say his driver list is complete, but it was enough so that I could install my wireless adapter(USB 2.0 Netgear WNDA3100 v2) and get to LastOS to ask what do I do with this now? I made a backup with Terabyte Image, but I doubt if their bootable disks will see the nvme disk... but since I don't have those anyways, I guess the next best thing would be to boot Last10, and hope that windows will see it... and then use terabyte image from there to restore a working windows for temporary usage. I am not even on the newer processors, just a 4th gen i7 LBA 1150, so I can't say that part of his stuff works.

Hey The Freezer, SetupS is working on a vanilla windows 7. I did not know it would, but I took a leap of faith. Well I'm gonna hit Post Reply and go to bed. It's 3:50 AM here.

Trouba likes this.
  13. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Johnrw, it would theoretically be possible to replace the install.wim and boot.wim of the CosmOS 7.3 image with the new ones you created with the tool.

That tool includes stuff beyond just drivers, which is kind of annoying because it doesn't provide all the GUI options to not integrate certain things. So it includes a .NET framework 4 installer, Gadgets, Realtek Audio, etc. If you're using an already updated image, you would only want the USB3/NVMe/Chipset drivers to integrate, not all that extra stuff.

So I edited the script of the tool and had it only integrate necessary drivers to boot.wim and install.wim, and then used the iso overlay structure of the Last image to copy the WuaCPU fix that's included in the tool. But I'm starting to suspect that when I was in a hurry to get rid of bloat, I deleted my modded version and kept the original version of the tool instead.

Johnrw likes this.
  14. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

You'll find it has a wide range of OS's it'll work with. Windows 2000 and up. Things start getting wonky with the Startmenu sorting and Windows 10 UWP's. But as a silent installer though it's still solid. Not many utilities and apps can make that claim anymore. :)

Johnrw and Glenn like this.
  15. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Really...? How do I get a key to activate this? I bought one on ebay for $4, but it was for an OEM version, which came with x86, and x64 iso image. Cardinal rule broken there.
    I asked the tool maker here what I can do about it? https://forum.videohelp.com/threads...ffeLake-Ryzen-Threadripper/page11#post2567092
    But If i can replace the boot.wim and install.wim in CosmOS, that's what I want to do!!! Lead on please...

Like I said... A leap of FAITH... because I knew you would not let me down!

Attached Files:

16. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Freezer... I have put the major iso's on my wife's machine... LastXP Combined, LastXPv22_USB.(RON.Core), CosmOS v7.3 ReturnOfNights, AwakenOSv813, and Last10_LTSC_x64_RS5_2019.04 to help out some.
    qBittorrent only wants to seed 3 files, the other 2 are "queued". How do I make it seed all of them?

17. Glenn

In the qbittorrent settings you need to set the tools/options/bittorrent to:
    Maximum active Downloads:6
    Maximum active uploads: 8
    Maximum active Torrents: 14

This will give you 14 streams and you set how many up and down you want, so long as the lower stream count is more than the combined top two they will all flow, else it will choose for you by balancing the difference.

As for Valid Windows Keys, we ALL have personally brought new computers/laptops and OS bundles with keys included, but all of us here move to using KMSPico for Windows 7 and above OS's, I've forgotten what I used for LastXP's, some sort of WGA Patcher tho. There is no point at all to run a real key anymore, I don't see any point anyway. This tool is included with the latest Last10 and in the repository:

http://repo.lastos.org/KMSpico.(Activate.Windows.&.Office)_v10.2.0_NT6_ssApp.apz

Install the above using SetupS or extract and run the KMSPico.exe manually. May require a reboot to show as activated.

but it's also available at MDL:

Code:
    KMSpico v10.2.0
    Download Link:
    Password: 2016
    http://ncrypt.in/folder-ujSQolDR
    http://ncrypt.in/folder-NsA1y13V
    http://ncrypt.in/folder-4GGfJ8SX
    http://ncrypt.in/folder-JLV1rtWc
    https://files.fm/u/nshumc4m
    http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0065fb1e
    http://www.datafilehost.com/d/16bdae50
    https://www.datafilehost.com/d/f7cd9812
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E954AB6B5A93071E8F1A41C509E77F35A50B1B11&dn=KMSpico_v10.2.0&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2finferno.demonoid.ooo%3a3392%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fmgtracker.org%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.blackunicorn.xyz%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    File     : FrostRose_Install_v10.2.0_fixed.zip
    Size     : 3,05 MB
    CRC32    : 4c6181b1
    MD5      : 3b1ba86f4d1e5b206f6fa6b0fda5a1bb
    SHA1     : ef7393a9b3cfe97d5cf7ddf40e1346ad5faf9846
    File     : FrostRose_Portable_v10.2.0.zip
    Size     : 4,27 MB
    CRC32    : cb799879
    MD5      : caaad448db19e1849e39c5b2c4725a11
    SHA1     : 7a9a8402f54bf186aca36309ba112d4d99b0f063
    File     : ServerService_KMS.exe
    Size     : 728,19 KB
    CRC32    : 30b6d947
    MD5      : ebd4d15394ac8416cb6ef70cec9cfa30
    SHA1     : 210d1700a10031b1b7207249f22b6cfe36d50685
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Encrypted Folder Link:
    Password: 2015
    8E57F4A47DF8492D76442518CF015F1BAEDB3DE0074D797BA73B4AE4140DBE7866D5374D3C3824BAC0AF3225776008AA396AC6A110411DB47BF75E183101D29799CF94E53DD24FAE7BA188821462E4934619DCCBF858E0673DCAE7AF4AA74985988C839269842F66
    Encrypt/Decrypt @ByELDI
    https://mega.nz/#!btIxgRTI!UZUpl220rH974PI_qECS1ElaXF4X5j2HKn8oN6laPNs
    http://www.solidfiles.com/d/17ea9e30de/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11/01/2016
    @ByELDI
    Keep in mind nobody from Microsoft will ever bust into your house and check your keys are valid - it won't happen. Keep in mind for over 18 months you could get Windows 10 upgrade for free, so even if they remotely checked your PC they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a KMS activated legal license and a KMSPico one. meaning they wont care. on top of this Microsoft themselves know it's only a matter of time before Linux Desktop overtakes Windows, it's just better than the underlying NT Kernel of windows, that is also why Win 10 has a Linux Subsystem built in now. And why Microsoft brought a HEAP of shares in the Linux companies, so they can have a little control/influence over the direction the free OS's go int the future. Even if you don't think Windows will ever truly go away, just think for a seconds about how EVERYTHING is moving to the browser/cloud/streaming - including apps and games, it wont matter what OS your running the Browser on, you'll be able to do what you want regardless. So Stop stressing about all the Activated windows crap and just believe you earned the right to run the version you have because you own Windows 7 and every windows after that was up gradable from that.

Peace out.

Johnrw likes this.
  18. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Well here is how I remember it. I don't know where the story came from...
    That particular version of Windows XP was a version put together by Microsoft, and came with some computer science textbooks, to get students off of Linux at the universities.
    It had no WGA. I just figured you were brilliant, and had outfoxed the fox. I know LastXP v22 has a different Windows XP than Combined. Whatever you did to put that together, you set me free
    of the crap that MS wanted me to put up with.

19. Trouba

By the way, first things first: it would be best to always test .iso's in a VM. We mostly use VirtualBox here. Just install the ssApp in the repo, create a new VM, select OS you want to install (Windows 7 64-bit from the dropdown), set allotted memory size, create it (as default VDI). Then set the number of CPU cores in the setting of the created VM (so choose 4 if you have quad core, etc.), max whatever graphics memory you can give it (usually 128mb). Then in the storage section add the iso as a drive (delete the drive called "Empty" there to avoid it trying to boot instead of the iso you choose). There is no need (and there are too many variables) to install on a live system every time before you know the basics of the iso work.

I think I may have misguided you: CosmOS would have a LivePE boot.wim, so you can't just replace it without losing that functionality. You would have to integrate the drivers to it directly using another tool. I personally use NTLite (ntlite.com) but I have a license for it. The free version has limitations but a home license is $40: it would be a perpetual license (can use forever) but new feature support only lasts a year (due to Win10's incessant overhauls, no doubt) -- but for Win7 and 8 that's no issue. There are other tools out there like GUI DISM that are free but that may require a bit more know-how and tinkering. You would then have to extract the drivers relevant to the boot.wim from that tool we discussed and integrate them to the CosmOS boot.wim. I have not tried to integrate these to a LivePE type boot.wim but I don't see a good reason why it wouldn't work. For my own images I use the standard boot.wim, and when in need of a PE I normally use something like Active@ Boot Disk to perform backups and restores. I have it on a small USB stick that I can boot from easily. The AIO approach of Glenn's images (as in Last and CosmOS images) is very appealing and useful but can be a bit more complicated to edit or mod.

Most of the Last-type images would not really include patched files, meaning even if patched UXTheme files are used (to allow 3d party themes/visual styles) these would either be replaced by commands called by the autounattend.xml file (so during install as an overlay) or else this would be achieved by an included silent installers of UXThemePatcher or UxStyle. Meaning, you could technically replace the install.wims from older images with the more up-to-date install.wims of newer images -- provided they are the same image type, architecture, etc. It's really not that hard but if you're doing 10 new things at the same time and stuff fails, it will be hard at that stage to determine what went wrong and you may end up going in circles.

I think CosmOS was based on Win7 Ultimate if I'm not mistaken. Some of the newer 7 images are based on Enterprise and would also use different activation methods (KMSpico vs Daz loader) so you can't switch those out.

The Freezer likes this.
  20. Glenn

Daz Loader does not activate Office as KMS is a Site License Emulator that supports office, Daz loader only emulates an activation server and returns true to any valid key (so anyone can use the same key over and over), So if you need office too then KMS will win out ;)

21. Trouba

Yes, this is why I went from using Ultimate images to Pro and finally Enterprise, as it can be activated via KMSpico and will include Office activation too when desired. The other reason was that on one PC Daz loader started giving me trouble.

22. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

I followed these instructions to move the C:\Users to E:\Users.
    Seems to be working, but I haven't deleted C:\Users yet :)
    https://www.top-password.com/blog/move-the-entire-user-profiles-to-another-drive-in-windows/

How can I get most of you guys improvements in this vanilla windows 7?
    I wish I could pop the DVD in and run Menu! But I have moved the whole Users off of C:

And for some reason, ppApps are installing into D:\ppApps. I want to remove D: as it's too small to stay. Is there something in the registry I can change?

23. Glenn

There is an app called SetupS Control Panel, this lets you set the ppApp drive letter, it is also built in to ssWPI - simply press F8 and set the drive, when you press Save/Ok and Start (even with no apps) it'll apply any menu sorting and or ppApp/ppGame drive letters set.

The Settings App included with LastOS7 allows you to set the drive letters of ppApps/ppGames too, you just set it and press the Apply Button (you can use Settings on any Windows 7+ version and you can use the XP version of Settings off LastXP v22. SetupS Control Panel is installed when you install SetupS to a Vanilla OS too, so that would be the easiest way.

You can move the ppApps Folder to a new Drive Letter, set the new location and then right click the X:\ppApps folder on the new disk letter and pick Send To SetupS, this will re-install the portable apps properly, you can also do it from SetupS Control Panel as that offer Regenerator - to make the new shortcuts and apply the registry entries etc.

It's not a good idea to move the whole Users folder to a new drive as if something corrupts your registry or AppData a fresh install will fail to fix many issues when you set it back again, you really only want to keep documents/desktop/download/videos/music/photos. everything else can be reconfigured again or you can manually backup the ones you know you set normally and overwrite the backups onto C:\Users\{User}\AppData for example.

You can pop in the DVD/USB and right click the Menu.exe and run it as administrator, then you can run settings, ssWPI or use any of the options given. It doesn't matter what OS you run all these tools on, there is noting special about LastOS's over an updated Vanilla OS when it comes to the tools you can use (they are bloody fantastic for other reasons tho, built in ones). Stop thinking of LastOS as separate to non LastOS's, they are not, they are just AIO and up to date with options to make life easier/cleaner and faster.

I am starting to think we need to write a list of all the features LastOS's offer as JohnRW keeps re-doing all the stuff we already have done :(

The Freezer likes this.
  24. Johnrw

Johnrw Active Member

Just did that... Awesome. The Startmenu is back and then some!!!!!!! Freakin awesome!!!
    I think I need to make a backup, before I play anymore... this Windows 7 on Nvme is actually great. (I have been making fun of Windows 7 for years, as my wife's machine took forever to boot.)
    roflmao... I will just make casual mention of the sad fact of my life... I learn THE HARD WAY. If there is a hard path and an easy path, I will always wind up taking the path of most resistance. It has forged a unique stubbornness in me... but yeah, I'm stupid.
    Today, I will finally put the front wheels on this chair. So that makes it one month, and one day, of preparing this dang flight sim rig to be used. I will put some photos and some videos even, of my adventure with Imperator Works, out there somewhere.

So far, the key I bought on ebay is working. I made the account User, password=password, in the hope that makes this more compatible with your tools. I just found out I will have to make a few Windows 7 hard disks for my shop computers.
    This is actually getting to be fun. No nvme ssd in the shop computers, so CosmOS straight in. Would you consider adding the drivers this guy added to CosmOS... because at the present, that is way over my pay grade. He actually downloads the fixes from windows update, which will stop working in January for Windows 7 I think.

I have put everything I collected on falcon 3 & 4 in a folder. It is 5GB or so. I am going to put it up on my Google Drive later today. I did download the files you posted links to, but in all this drive swapping, they may be on a removed drive.

Glenn likes this.
  25. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

It's more like he's stumbling across them in his re-discovery of all those features. LOL