Last7 Collection

Discussion in 'Last7' started by The Freezer, Nov 3, 2018.

1. mircea

mircea Member

I understand.But i tried windows loader from win entreprise that trouba give me last summer and no activation....[maybe becouse it was updated whit last KB].I did exactly like in win 7 cosmos,,,i insttaled win and then i restarted computer...but no activation...which in cosmos works perfectly.There is a problem whit new KB i presume.Anyway wil expect for new realease.

2. mircea

mircea Member

3. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

@mircea:

1) The KMSpico-based activation works 100%, but Windows Defender or another AV can quarantine it -- it can happen with KMS type activators. The reason I used KMS activators is because I use Windows 7 Enterprise as a base, and Windows Loader cannot activate Windows 7 Enterprise.

So, activation works. But what happens afterwards with activation status is in your hands (AVs etc). Glenn mostly used Ultimate images for his Last7/Cosmos/etc images, so people would have generally used Windows Loader with those.

(Glenn even programmed the Settings.exe app to detect whether Windows Loader was present in a sub-folder so that Settings.exe would generate a button for it automatically; or not create the button if WL wasn't present in the image.)

2) I don't include but a few apps so that the upload size stays relatively small. But you can choose which apps you want to include in the image by downloading the apps from the Repo here. The only thing you have to do is add them to the .iso and save it. Or create your own AppDisc with the template we offer here. All you have to do is add apps of your choice and save the iso.

mircea and The Freezer like this.
  4. mircea

mircea Member

1]It is possible that u ask help from glenn to include WL instead Kms[maybe glenn have a metod for that]?It is possible to include your new updates for COSMOS image?
    2]How to do exacly "The only thing you have to do is add them to the .iso and save it"Please make a small tutorial for this from the moment i wil get new Image.And it wil stiil be visible when il install windows to popup menu [like in Cosmos] and to show that my new app included whit your metod are realy included in new install?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  5. Trouba

But here is the problem: Windows 7 Enterprise is not supported by Windows Loader.

Since the only version of Windows 7 you want to deal with is Cosmos, then why not install it? Run WU until you're up-to-date. Since it's based on Windows 7 Ultimate, you can use Windows Loader.

Before you do anything with the .iso, make sure you make a copy of it. Because you don't want to mess it up. Then proceed to add new apps:

a) As far as apps, go to the Repo and download the apps you want to include in the Last7/Cosmos .iso.
    b) Install a program like UltraISO (should be included with Cosmos) and open the .iso file with that.
    c) Then you place the apps you downloaded in the ppAppsInstalls and ssAppsInstalls folders, respectively. So the ppApps you downloaded from the Repo go in the ppAppsInstalls folder, and the ssApps you downloaded go into the ssAppsInstalls folders.
    d) Of course, any app that is old that you don't want on the .iso (or that you found a newer version for in the Repo), you can delete.
    e) Click "save" and it will save the .iso. UltraISO is set by default to save a backup of the original .iso and will create an updated one when you save.

^^ You do all this inside UltraISO ^^

When yo play with it it will make sense.

mircea likes this.
  6. Trouba

Does anyone have the Cosmos image uploaded anywhere? There's no one seeding it. I thought I had it on a drive somewhere but it seems I don't.

EDIT: Never mind, Unitop had uploaded it to Mega and the link is still viable (y)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    mircea likes this.
  7. mircea

mircea Member

It seems so simple how u explained.Thanks i will try.

8. mircea

mircea Member

Thanks very much that u try to integrate last updates for Cosmos...but even i ,i think its going to be a difficult job....Cosmos have many os included...Anyway i notice that in Repo there is no Bsplayer free.Bsplayer its the best player in the world ...even for linux...have many features and options for subtitles.Maybe it should be included in repo app.

9. Trouba

If it doesn't work, there is a chance I could "update" the Cosmos image. But it would be using Windows 7 Pro, not Ultimate, as a base. Ultimate and Enterprise have lang pack support, so if that is what you need then Pro probably won't work for you either. I will not use Ultimate because it limits what type of activator I can use, so it's either Pro or Enterprise. Added benefit of Pro is that it can be activated both by WL and KMS.

Plus I'd update it using the ESU updates, so it would be up-to-date with latest updates (regular support for Win7 ended early 2020, but extended service updates are still being released to companies/entities that pay for the support, and these updates can be installed by making use of a bypass patch that I would integrate into the image).

I'll look into BsPlayer for the Repo. EDIT: I think AIMP is better than BsPlayer, personally. I just tried out latest Pro version of Bs and you can't even select multiple songs when opening/adding them, and the player had trouble opening an .mp3 that plays in any other player (maybe a version of LAME it doesn't recognize). Plus AIMP's skinning is superior.

mircea likes this.
  10. mircea

mircea Member

Ok.Its fine.Please to consult whit Glenn...maybe have some tips in that request.Bsplayer its the Best for movie..Not for music.

11. Trouba

I see :) BsPlayer can play movies. I can add the Free version to the Repo later.

I don't think I can get in touch with Glenn at this moment. He may read this at some point later and comment, we'll see.

EDIT: Actually, the size of that .iso is almost all in the install.wim, having 4 images (Pro & Ult, x86 and x64). It has very few apps, so apps is not the problem. (I just got it in from Mega.)

What makes Cosmos 7.3 unique is two things: multiple Win7 editions, and a Win8 PE (32-bit Win8PE SE).

12. mircea

mircea Member

Yes its very good.Maybe a small tutorial on how to include a larger driverpack?And a link for driverpack.I dont understand why almoast all Last OS have "magicdriver" becouse that is a paid version...

13. Trouba

It's been so long since I've installed any of these, and I can't find the documentation for these releases anymore. But I remember Glenn coming to the conclusion to NOT include the driverpacks because it causes more problems than it solves. This is why I don't integrate any into my images either; so if people want they can just integrate the drivers for their system in the install.wim and boot.wim if desired.

Most of the Last releases by ReturnOfNights included warez apps, but this one has almost all free apps (I think he kept it lite on the apps because the install.wim was so big).

But in having looked at Cosmos a bit closer, I think I will not attempt to update it. It is just too much figuring out when I already have build structures ready that support everything like a LivePE, (updated) ppAppsLive, and updated images. I did make an up-to-date Win7 Pro x64 already last night, I just tested it out with the LivePE and it installs well. I included both KMSpico and Windows Loader (Daz) v2.2.2 -- but it doesn't install any by default so you can choose -- and so when you load Settings.exe it creates the "Loader" button for Windows Loader: when you click it it will open the folder where Windows Loader is located so you can run it from there. I tested it in VM and it all works. I haven't made a Win7 Pro x86 yet but I may do that, too. So that is something I can provide, but I'm not touching the Cosmos image. Glenn did really well on it, it works well for what it is.

mircea likes this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

Ahh yes, again, DriverPacks.net was the way of XP to Vista and Win 7, after 8/8.1 really no point, they also turned to torrent files, and dev's and such where moving on.

AHH HA, it was Card Readers and something else that was fussy when installing the OS. Maybe Graphic cards I do think was 1, as the download from maker was getting to large in size. Also newer main boards, etc.. .

mircea likes this.
  15. mircea

mircea Member

Ok.Its fine.But i realy thinks that Glenn should look at this.Please dont thinks that u are Not capabile for the job....but Glenn can u set in the right track.

16. Trouba

This thread is getting... funny :D At this point I'm just going to do what I'm going to do which means Win7 Pro with LivePE ;)

@Ghost: card readers, yes, they'd show up as active drives or something, and then during install -- after reboot -- it would try to boot from the card reader instead of the USB drive :D

mircea and Ghost like this.
  17. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

@mircea , I appreciate your interest in any and all of the Last releases, released by us or by others, but to set your expectations correctly, Glenn has said that he doesn't even have a computer at all at this point, doesn't want one, and is not doing any development, at all, at this time. He does continue to check in occasionally using his phone, so there is an extremely remote chance that he might comment regarding your request, but it is extraordinarily unlikely. You have made your request about Cosmos, all of the staff have seen your post and responded if they had anything to contribute, so now, stop, enough, please just drop it. If any of us happen to come up with anything that we think might help you, we'll be sure to post it and let you know.

Regarding your desire to have updated apps to use with Cosmos, what folks have been trying to tell you is to check out the LastOS App Disk - http://www.lastos.org/forum/index.php?threads/lastos-appdisc-template-2017-07-23.983/ - and use it as a separate app install disk that you can use with whatever OS install disk that you end up using. You can download the current apps you want from the LastOS Application Repository and create your own new app disk, with just the apps you want.

It is also appropriate that you let us know which apps that you like (and why) that aren't yet available as ss/ppApps, and we (usually Trouba these days) might be able to fix you up, or explain why we don't agree. I believe that Trouba has said that he might be able to create an app for you from the free version of BSPlayer, so watch for it in the Repo.

I don't want to discourage your enthusiasm in any way with anything LastOS related, but I also don't want you to wear out your welcome. I wish you well, and hope you have a happy holiday season!

18. Trouba

Well, we all understand the "magic" of an AIO release like CosmOS and Last7 and other such releases from the past because we've all been there ourselves. I think the LastOS-based releases by Glenn have been groundbreaking and his knowledge and practical insight have made it to where a lot of his releases are classics. So I get it, when a release has served you well you want more of it :D

Right now I'm looking into making some Win7 images based on Pro and if I'm happy with them I'll try to upload them. If they serve your purpose, great; if not, that's fine too. Every contributor will have their own way of doing things -- and of course it's hard to beat anything Glenn has done.conversation.

mircea likes this.
  19. mircea

mircea Member

I never ask Glenn why dosent want to make another "COSMOS 2"from respect.Its possible that Glenn to have thausand reasons.Anyway at least i made some activity on site.Sorry to bother u whit Ancient Windows.

20. Trouba

Someone offered to make you an Ancient Windows... Just see what does or doesn't happen (y)

mircea likes this.
  21. mircea

mircea Member

THANKS very much TROUBA.I never want to upset u.Sorry and hope you have a happy holiday season!Happy holiday for all member and staff.Long live LASTOS.

22. Trouba

LOL, you too!

mircea likes this.
  23. mircea

mircea Member

24. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

@mircea, Are you absolutely certain that you cannot install Windows 8.1 x64? What sort of failure(s) do you encounter or errors you get?

If you have a system that can handle Windows 7 x64 that tells me you've got some sort of a dual-core/core duo or better. I've successfully installed Windows 8.1 on the earliest x64 CPU models from both Intel and AMD and these were still well into the XP-era. They even had those stickers that said, "Designed for Windows XP".

So now I'm curious, what kind of system do you have that can handle Windows 7 x64 but not Windows 8.1 x64?

mircea likes this.
  25. mircea

mircea Member

Thanks for your good memory.Unfortunately my problem its processor.I have a intel 630 processor that not suport some instruction like Llaf or somethings like that....i try to upgrade from win 7 64 bit to win 8 64 bit an tell me that i dont have this instruction...LLaff or somethings like this.But I decided to stick whit wind7 64 bit until i die...just to bring Bill Sheet to bankruptcy}}}}

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020