Last11 Pro 22H2 Full Body

Discussion in 'Last11' started by Glenn, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Last11 Pro 22H2 Full Body

* If you are unable to get the LivePE to boot, first try removing all non essential USB devices (just leave a keyboard and mouse attached), you may need to grab the y:\sources\boot.wim from a Last20 ISO as in this version I use Set Res Auto (which makes it go to the maximum resolution by default), you could also disable the music from auto playing by deleting X:\ppAppsLive\zzMPC-BE_x64_ppAppLive folder off your USB stick. This may stop crashes for you. I will revert to a more standard boot.wim in a LTSC release when I get around to making one of them, just so it's more compatible out of the box. I was just hoping that people using newer machines wouldn't have as many problems with the updated approach, but this isn't always the case as there is so many combinations of hardware out there.

* If you get a BSOD with NDIS error for the LivePE, it's due to the network drivers crashing, a few kinds of hardware are incompatible without their actual drivers, so you can disable the OnBoard network from your BIOS until you have the OS installed and the drivers ready to install, then go back into BIOS an re-enable the hardware again.

* Note: Run ssWPI first from the LivePE and pick the applications you want installed at the end of the installation. You do NOT need to select DirectX 9, MS Runtimes (Except Dot.NET 6), Notepad3, MyWallpaperLive or StartIsBack as thes are already installed (they are included so you can apply them to other non Last11 OS's).

Screenshots:
    LivePE:
    01-LivePE.png
    Setup Starting:
    02-StartSetup.png
    Setup Installing:
    03-Setup-Going.png
    Setup Movie:
    04-PreLogon.png
    Fresh Desktop:
    05-FreshDesktop.png
    Transparent Explorer:
    06-TransparentExplorer.png
    Start Menu:
    07-StartMenu.png
    Context Menu's:
    08-ContextMenu.png
    USB Menu:
    09-USBMenu.png
    ssWPI:
    99-ssWPI_PE.png
    * Note: Run ssWPI first from the LivePE and pick the applications you want installed at the end of the installation. You do NOT need to select DirectX 9, MS Runtimes (Except Dot.NET 6), Notepad3, MyWallpaperLive or StartIsBack as thes are already installed (they are included so you can apply them to other non Last11 OS's).

Included Apps:

Code:
    !Disable Windows Search v2017.05.27
    10 Second Ninja
    7-Zip v22.01
    Advanced Renamer v3.88
    AIMP v5.03.2398
    Apply Last11 Tweaks 2022.09.22 x64
    Apply Minimal Win System Protection Settings v2015.09.04
    Apply Quick Launch Toolbar (1 Line Version) v2.0
    CPU-Z v2.02.0
    Defender Control v2.1
    DirectX Runtimes v9.29.1974.1
    Driver Magician Lite v5.29
    Games Launcher v22.09.15.0
    Google Chrome v105.0.5195.102
    GPU-Z v2.48.0
    Hash Tab v6.0.0.34
    IrfanView v4.60
    K-Lite Mega CodeC v17.2.0
    KMSpico (Activate Windows & Office) v10.2.0
    MediaInfo Lite v22.06
    Microsoft OneDrive v22.151.0717
    MS .NET 6 Desktop Runtime v6.0.9.31620
    MS Visual Runtimes AIO 2022.09.15
    MyWallpapersLive v2.5
    One Click Firewall v1.0.0.2
    Partition Wizard Technician v12.6
    Paste As File v5.0.0.5
    PicPick Pro v6.3.1
    qBittorrent v4.4.5
    Rufus v3.20.1929
    Sanitize v1.22.6.29
    SetupS SendTo Suite v22.09.07.0
    SoftMaker Office 2021 1050.0807
    Speccy v1.32.803
    StartAllBack (ClearDark) v3.5.2.4522 x64
    Steam v7.15.3.72
    TeraByte Image v3.55
    TreeSize Pro v8.4.0.1710 x64
    UltraISO v9.7.6.3829
    Unlocker v1.9.2
    WinRAR v6.11
    WizFile v3.08
    WizTree v4.10
    Information:
    We have tweaked this version of Windows 11 to feel familiar and fast, not forcing you on to a desktop that has tools and features that will distract and slow you down. Our focus was to keep it simple and bring all the features of LastOS you have come to expect.

Features:
    * LivePE - This is for Backup, Recovery, Repair and installing your Last11 OS, it has some music included that auto plays when you boot it up, you can change the mp3 files in the X:\Music folder to have your own taste of music available.

* ssWPI - This will allow you to select which apps/games you want installed (if you run it from the LivePE it will install the application after the Last11 installation completes.

* Intro Movie - Instead of the "Getting things read screen" I have made the X:\sources\$IntroMovie\IntroMovie.mp4 play, as the Graphics drivers are not installed and the system is very busy, I recommend if you replace this movie with your own to use a low framerate video where it deosn't matter if the motion isn't smooth.

* Settings - The first thin you see when your PC setup is complete is Settings, this allows you to set the PC name etc. I recommend you configure your drive letters and use this tool to move your Documents off to another partition/disk. You can right click the Downloads in explorer's Quick Link and change it's location to another drive also.

Notes & Tips:
    * If you Select All in ssWPI make sure to untick StartIsBack and MyWallpapersLive as these are installed by default at $PostLogonApps and may stop installation of the apps if you try to re-install them without uninstalling/exiting them.

* This release does not have Explorer Tabs enabled as the Beta builds are unstable and will be automatically downloaded with Windows Updates once they become stable (Moments 1, Due October 2022)

* You can sign in with your Outlook/MS account using Microsoft Settings and use the existing "password" to enable it, this will keep the User folder for your user, so all the apps and tweaks will still be enabled for you and all the online and onedrive features will work as expected. Store will allow you to access your apps/data.

* We have only removed Chinese/Japanese and some Retail Demo files/user. so all features are available to re-activate.

* Start All Is Back can be accessed by right clicking the start button and choose "Properties", This allows you to modify or disable it for the current user, if you are wanting the default Windows 11 experience.

* You can add your own Locale to install by copying the AutoUnattend_USA.xml and naming it whatever suffix you will recognise (it will show up in the LivePE), then edit the Keyboard Layout, Time Zone etc.

* By default you should always reboot after your installation has fully completed and you've configured your applications the way you want, including any updates and settings. Let it boot back into windows again before capturing an image with 'Terabyte Image For Windows' or your preffered backup software. This allows updates to be applied fully and your OS to process any scheduled tasks.

* You can disable the Live Wallpaper by default by using Autoruns or Task Manager to disable or remove MLWApp.exe from startup. If you never want it on any installation; remove the "X:\sources\$PostLogonApps\MyWallpapersLive_v2.5_Last11_NoAutoStart_ppApp.exe" from the ISO/USB.

* You can disable the Music in the LivePE by removing X:\ppAppsLive\zzMPC-BE_x64_ppAppLive folder, this will not affect using MPC in the PE.

* You can disable the intro movie by removing/renaming X:\sources\$Scripts\Run_00_IntroMovie.cmd, you will see all the behind the scenes scripts on first boot. Do not reboot your PC until it's at the desktop with no command windows open. You can close the Intro Movie by clicking it once and pressing Alt+F4 without needing to disable the script mentioned.

* You can edit the X:\sources\$ssWPI\ssWPI_Options.ini HideMenu=No to show menus again by default, I thought it was time to try the modern minimalist approach.

* You can download new applications to include on your ISO/USB from: http://www.lastos.org/forum/index.php?link-forums/application-repo.148/
    once you have downloaded them, drag them into the "\ppAppsInstalls" or "\ssAppsInstalls" folder checking the filename to know which one it belongs in. * Note: You may have to manually update ssWPI databases (Rescan for items) by pressing F5 in ssWPI if you update applications.
    You can even use these downloaded applications without ssWPI on any PC by installing: http://www.lastos.org/files/SetupS-files.htm and downloading the latest: SetupS.SendTo.Suite_vx.x.x.x_ssApp.exe and manually installing it first.

* Take Ownership - if you find your unable to access certain files/folders on your PC after installing, simply right click them and pick "Take Ownership" this will allow you to have full access again. If you have a large amount of folders/file to take ownership of you can use the X:\Appz\ResetPermissions.exe tool to do this quickly.

* Spotlight doesn't always change the lock screen (on any fresh Win 11 install), to fix this go to Settings/Personalize/Lock Screen/ change it from "Windows Spotlight" to Picture or Slideshow, then change it back.

* Widgets are off by default, right click the traybar and tick "Show Widgets button:, you must be signed in with a MS account for this to work properly.

Details:
    Name: Last11.Pro.x64.PE_2022H2.iso
    Size: 5.87 GB
    Date: 2022-09-25

MD5: 7420a5c83558ebb048a08803770c3a00

* Password: password

Download:
    Code:
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b388fae4e0fe58b32a90f9b39589c908232260c6&xt=urn:btmh:1220ca25e2be47d82d5b2fdc2ab620301ad01c667a864b06f38d732343324cfdb181&dn=Last11.Pro.x64.PE_2022H2.iso&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

BSOD FIX (Direct Link): (Do NOT get this unless you are having issues with your hardware not working with the original release)

* If you wanted to keep it on your USB stick named boot2.wim you could rename the original boot.wim to boot_orig.wim and then rename boot2.wim to boot.wim on another PC to have the option available to you if you think you will come across stubborn hardware.

https://lastos.org/team/glenns/Last11.22H2.LEGACY/boot.wim

md5 #: d855ceb616b9306d80def5bc659b2383

Here is the Legacy boot.wim you can download and put on to your USB X:\sources folder replacing the existing one. It uses 300MB less RAM, has no Network or Audio support, so you will have to disable the X:\ppAppsLive\zzMPC-BE_x64_ppAppLive by deleting it off your USB. This Legacy one doesn't try to start any network or audio at all and the drivers have been removed. It doesn't try to set a high resolution display. So this is a three pronged approach to make sure those of you who are getting a BSOD booting this mod, so you will hopefully no longer have any issues.

Please let me know if it's still causing issues and I'll make a mod to the standard Windows 11 setup that offers to install a USA only version of this OS without any LivePE at all (will be as compatible as the original Win 11 release if I have to do this).

Attached Files:

2. Glenn

If you're going to share this elsewhere you'll be needing links to the images, as I don't want you to save and re-upload them losing quality, I'll share the links instead:

Code:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/3zy9KeR.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/WfLltzy.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/GYcyglf.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/mNg6iwj.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/Nsi3P5s.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/kKMZ3tt.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/f7Av6ZW.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/NdA6Y8k.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/T2r2jdN.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/pWWdMaQ.png[/img]

Attached is the actual post without formatting:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  3. Nathan Groves

Nathan Groves New Member

Well, I found this elsewhere but now knowing of a new team brought me here!
    This looks great and as soon as I'm home I'll be firing it up in a VM to see if I'll like it on my main machine. Thanks for the release and I hope it's as great as it looks :)

Spitfire400 and Trouba like this.
  4. Spitfire400

Spitfire400 New Member

This looks like it might be a good fit for using with my PC that I recently built for developing websites and web apps. Will actually install and try as my main OS to test, thanks very much for this build.

Trouba likes this.
  5. silnwarez

silnwarez New Member

I hope you will keep it this updated time by time :) Great release :) Thanks a lot.

Trouba likes this.
  6. Michael740

Michael740 New Member

Hey Glenn great looking project thanks for all your doing and I will work on getting fit on a computer and test it out but everything looks really great thanks again

7. Michael740

Michael740 New Member

Hey almost forgot I don't use tpm will this work without

8. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

Yes, this uses Win10 boot.wim (PE) so it bypasses TPM.

9. vectorerector

vectorerector New Member

Been using this build for 4 days now and I'm officially a convert. Been giving win11 many tries with other customs over the past 6 months but this one quickly passed my stresstests unlike the others and helped make win11 palatable for me.
    Very few websites make their way onto my bookmarks bar and I have a strong feeling yours won't be leaving anytime soon.
    Thanks Glenn

Glenn likes this.
  10. Glenn

The team let me do the public builds, but they help make it all great. All it takes to be part of the team is share your problems, requests, opinions and join in the conversation. We all just want an easy to use, fast, stable and complete but unbloated OS. So anyone who can help is welcomed.

Special thanks to trouba as he kept making win 11 great while I took an extended break, when I got back, I just used his base and ran my futuristic sails past it to accelerate to what Last11 currently is. I did add music, intro movie and other flair that I don't usually spend time figuring out, but with a new OS I wanted to try some new ideas.

But I am very happy you like it.

mircea and Trouba like this.
  11. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

I downloaded this using the torrent link and now seeding. I suppose those downloading using the magnet link will also download from me (that is, see me seeding it)?

I take it, it is now different with win11 in that with win10 we could get it wherever and just apply the tweaks to make it into Last10. Is that not going to be like that with win11? Just asking, I didn't follow win11 development either here or generally.

12. Glenn

Yes the magnet link is the same as the torrent file so you will seed to whichever one they get.

You can still apply Last11 tweaks to any windows 11 OS and they'll pretty much turn it into a Last11 experience. the only thing is you'll have to disable Optimized Delivery in the Windows Updates settings, you'll have to install StartAllBack, MyWallpaperLive and Apply Last11 Tweaks to have the full experience I intended.

If you want transparent explorer that is found here:

"X:\sources\$FirstLogonApps\TransparentExplorer.sfx.exe"

If you run this it will enable the transparent explorer that I developed after seeing someone else's Auto HotKey version of it. I only wanted explorer though as all the extra stuff is built in to StartAllBack and I didn't want to spend too long on it :D

vanTorX likes this.
  13. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

I will be quite OK with this win11, don't expect to try out any other ones, not anytime soon anyway.

Not a big fan of transparency, I usually set it to very low transparency if some program has it since seeing other stuff through windows can be distracting. Just gets in the way of what you are looking at and it is a very rare occasion when I would actually want to see something through underneath. It was probably invented to make things look spiffy like in scifi movies :D

I noticed in the release notes that you removed Chinese and I don't blame you but it just happens I work a lot with Chinese files these days :ROFLMAO:. There is this game Mir3D with files leaked to gamers at large and I do some translations on it.
    Not sure how languages work, websites probably don't need to have Chinese lang installed to show their symbols but files on PC probably need it, otherwise you might see just ascii garbage for file names. Probably can install it but lang install might actually be needed only if you wanted to write those picture symbols which I don't need, not for displaying them.

14. Glenn

If you need to use the default install.wim off the 22h2 official release, you'll have Chinese back in... as you know, almost 100% of our mod is done with Scripts post install. so if you install the runtimes from the ssWPI and apply the Last11 tweaks you'll be mostly there. then if you go into the settings, updates, advanced options and turn off Optimized Delivery. finally install and run Defender Control and disable defender. you'll have a Last11 mod :)

15. Michael740

Michael740 New Member

Hey I know the Feeling I have been running Win 11 for a little over a year before it was released as I was a beta tester for the very first 64bit Windows OS and a long-time insider, but I have been a LastOS user since LastXP They have always been the best for me and I was very lucky to have been able to join here several years back So Welcome Hey Glenn Great build thanks for answer on my question always great and thankful for that I am not really sure what is happening with my other one it is constantly running Microsoft Security Check that appears to come out Good and then starts running it again. so I think I am going to change to this one since the other is older and seems to maybe have a glitch. Could be the USB stick I have had it for a couple of years so just to be safe I will just do another fresh install and go from there always nice to see new Members I don't get on as much but I do check in from time to time. I like to make sure I am at least seeing what's going on. As with all new OS builds they keep on adding things to mess with ya and at first finding my way around was kinda irritating but they grow on ya I just wish they would slow down on all the processes they keep adding all the time and the Security Garbage is I tried to use the remove Defender or disable it and it got caught before I even restarted and deleted it. Like I said it was on the old install that's not available Well I guess I should get to it I gotta reinstall it on a couple of computers. One for my Racing Rig and my Grandson he just brought over my First Great Grandchild and she is a doll So Off I go thanks again for all your hard work as always. I will let you know how it goes have a great weekend.

Thank You as Always
    Michael Moore

Glenn and bphlpt like this.
  16. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

I am seeding, already uploaded over 100GB

Tried to install in QNAP NAS in VirtualizationStation, in past I installed several LastOS10 & 20 versions but this one I am not sure what's wrong, maybe something in the settings of the VM?
    upload_2022-10-22_3-51-17.png

When it starts, it says press any key to start from CD but it goes very fast to this and pressing escape or not ends at shell prompt where it just sits, probably because of UEFI choice? Computer is UEFI I believe but maybe VM should be set to boot Legacy BIOS. All the other Last10 & 20 VMs I set to Legacy BIOS, just checked.
    upload_2022-10-22_3-53-23.png

I think setting VM to legacy BIOS fixed it, initially I got black screen but in meantime writing this post it did its thing and now its at win PE desktop. :D

Going to bed, will finish and report tomorrow how it went the rest of the way.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  17. Trouba

Yes, it's the EFI mode. When installing in VirtualBox v6.x, EFI mode is default and it does the same thing when you fail to press any key upon boot:

2022-10-22 07 11 41.png

When you unselect "Enable EFI" it skips the "Press any key..." message:

2022-10-22 07 14 54.png

So you can either click a key real fast or disable EFI :D

vanTorX likes this.
  18. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

I thought I pressed any key fast enough but probably was just a belief on my part. Thanks for elucidating it. On QNAP NAS there is some virtualization other than VirtualBox, it is called VirtualizationStation 3 and it is one of the many official application provided for it. Also offers ContainerStation (LXC, now newer LXD containers) which is some other form of virtualization.

upload_2022-10-22_17-38-42.png

But checking back today on win11 thread and not finding my post on it, I realized I posted on a wrong thread. This is Last20 thread and when I saw that last post about seeding I automatically assumed he means seeding this Last11...

Maybe this should be moved to Last11 thread or deleted. Thanks

BTW I miss option to downsize the image pasted in, on other forums you can click into the image and it shows dragging handles allowing you to change its size.

Auba22 and Trouba like this.
  19. Trouba

Okay, moved now :) Just leaving your comment in to explain why you mentioned the seeding -- it's good to know you seeded that much for this release anyway (y)

And about the quick clicking, sometimes I think I do it fast enough too and it still won't load properly, probably because I didn't have the mouse cursor inside the VM window in my case.

Auba22 likes this.
  20. Michael740

Michael740 New Member

Well it seems I got mixed up also I posted for here on the olther 11 and there on here so I am going to fill you in this time I wrote down what was coming up After installing and restarting Then going to the Menu folder and opening the Menu to ssWPI a popup says-failed to find a preset to install exit ssWPI yes or no then when I click restart or shut down it will not restart can't open task manager no ctrl alt delete

So I hit my reset button and I pick the apps and things I like and during those installs, it comes up with a memory buffer is full and then I restart to a blue screen and it goes through repair and so I am unable to get it installed I did redownload it cause I thought I might have lost some data in the transfer but still no install not sure what is an issue any help would be great.

Thanks, Michael Moore

21. Glenn

So ssWPI is playing up for you... We'd need a lot more info to diagnose it, but if all other Windows are working fine and this one isn't then it can't be hardware. It's a fairly vanilla Windows 11 22H2 base so I really don't see how it isn't working, unless a vanilla Win 11 22H2 install has the same results.

I don't tweak Memory or Virtual Memory and my HDD usage on C: isn't any bigger than a standard install, so for it to run out of memory buffer would usually be memory timing, low disk space Bad video drivers or another app crashing... I think the best way to make the install work is to do a clean install with you pressing Yes to exit ssWPI when the error shows up. go straight to Windows update and update it and then go into "Advanced Updates" and under the Optional & Drivers section install all them too. Then reboot once they are done, run ssWPI and it should work as expected. I have to assume it's driver related at this stage.

22. Michael740

Michael740 New Member

Ok Well it is an older motherboard

Sabertooth x79
    Xeon E-5 2690 V2
    32Gb Gskill 1600 Ram
    valosarapter WD 1000 1Tb OS
    Samsung 1Tb SSD Storage
    2 WD 1Tb Storage
    650-watt Power Supply
    RTX 3050 OC 8gb Graphics Card
    In Cooler Master Haf Case

Now I did try to do an install with only the SSD hard drive and had the same issue I will try again and please let me know what other info you might need.
    I have not had any other issues with any other installs on this MOBO have installed a few 10s and one 11 so this is first issue and I have been using lastOS since 2000

Thanks for your help!
    Michael Moore

23. Michael740

Michael740 New Member

Well after a long battle with my windows I found that a regular Windows 11 Well mine is Build 25227 rs prerelease 221014-1350 -anyways shutoff the Defender and Anti-Virus but it was just turning it back on and took things out of the transfer as fast as it was being put on the USB so my bad I had to do an last10 install to fully turn it all off and it installed on the first computer great and on the second the only issue was it has not asked for the password after I am all done with the install not sure what happened there but it is still all good. Which is a pretty good thing as I was really pulling out my hair this install so fast it still kinda blows me away. Seems like only a little while back it would take a couple of days for me to fully get everything back to normal. now I did 2 installs in a couple of hours. Thanks to all of you who put in the work and time I think you always do a bang-up job and I am grateful that you do it cause on my reg Win 11 it's running over 200 processes and yours only 105 so thanks

Michael Moore

PS. I work it as much as I can till I get it right thanks for the help You all have really made me learn a lot over the last 20 years.Thanks Again

Glenn likes this.
  24. Glenn

Well not for us developing the OS's but our users should reap the benefits of us tweaking and tinkering with OS's and it should hopefully always save you time. For us, we spend many hours making one thing behave, so the net time saved from the install wouldn't have us ahead.... but that's the fun we choose to have :D it's nice to come up with a solution or optimize things and even better when you get to share it with those who appreciate it. so thank you for persisting and I understand about Defender, it loves to do it's own thing - regardless of what you want... I think of them as being just more malware - hard to get rid of, doing stuff to bog down your CPU and HDD and popups :)

vanTorX likes this.
  25. Ghost

Ghost Forum Crapolator

I am seeding this from today for a week or so, get it from the torrent or magnet.

bphlpt likes this.