Last11 Pro 22H2 Full Body

Discussion in 'Last11' started by Glenn, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

Hmmmm yeah if you can't install the new msruntimes from the repo, try the one on last11 and then use the new one. The old version should install/repair it enough to put the new one on and repopulate the windows\installs folder I removed (hopefully)

2. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

The 2023 runtime installed fine, but when I ran VS installer to repair the install, it came back with the same complaint . I now focus on reinstalling win11 as per your pm and then I will try installing VS again.

Glenn likes this.
  3. pacav69

pacav69 Live long and prosper Staff Member

@vanTorX

I have read your post about Microsoft visual C++ runtimes and i believe i have a solution check out my post here
    After carrying out the instructions i was able to install the visual studio app without any errors.

4. damir

damir New Member

Thanks a lot for share and time great realize !

pacav69 likes this.
  5. Glenn

6. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

By the way, if you don't want to use StartAllBack and just want the Win11 start menu, but don't want centered taskbar items, etc., you can try a tool like ExplorerPatcher (freeware). Just make sure to uninstall StartAllBack or other start menu/explorer softs before you try it.

vanTorX likes this.
  7. vanTorX

vanTorX Member

VS installed on Last11 v2 without any hiccup. I will check that solution out, always good to learn some new tricks but given the new issues of Last11, I won't go back to that first one from last fall. These releases came as a godsend, just in time when I ran into problems.

Thanks Trouba for the tip. I might make peace with StartAllBack menu after I explore and configure it. One other feature, sorting files in explorer in groups freaked me out but shortly I found it can be switched off (set to None).
    This setting to None could be added in the future to the Settings panel as the default choice.

upload_2023-3-18_15-58-22.png

Speaking of Settings panel choices, I have another suggestion - disable F1 so it doesn't open Help. I rename files very often and sometimes I hit F1 instead of F2 and usually it happens just when you least need it to happen. But again, like with my previous suggestions (remove .exe from shortcuts & disable the confirmation dialog when append .OLD, .BAK., .Orig etc after extensions (like *.exe.OLD), I don't know how doable it is, if at all (I mean with some reasonable effort only).

pacav69 likes this.
  8. pacav69

@vanTorX the app mentioned in my post has a lot of files it can fix not just the VC++ runtimes

vanTorX likes this.
  9. Carter67

Carter67 New Member

Just got given a toshiba pro, few years old with a crappy win10 on top of win7 so looking forward to getting this on it. thanks

chevy350 likes this.
  10. pacav69

I recently got a win11 update and it seems to be incompatable with startallback app the symptoms are that startallback win not load correctly and flash "press escape to not load startallback". I have unstalled it on my computer and i think it should be not installed as part of LastOS but perhaps an option.

11. Trouba

Try v3.6.8.4690 from repo but make sure to remove Program Files\StartAllBack folder before you install it.

pacav69 likes this.
  12. pacav69

Tried that version and that worked. Thanks T.
    It seems that the StartAllBack is installed as part of some win11 based LastOS's.

Trouba likes this.
  13. Trouba

StartAllBack has to be updated sometime to accommodate new OS changes

14. Glenn

Yeah and the newer versions do not need you to clean up the previous install before it works, it even self closes it if it was running... But yes we are aware that StartIsBack does fail after some updates... Luckily it's creator knew to put that ESC method for recovery as it would suck to have a OS with no way to run anything except from task manager... so I hope that it keeps working, you can actually use Open Shell on Windows 11 if you want one that seems to always work... It's not as nice, but reliable and included in the repo also.

15. pacav69

I'll keep using this version of StartAllBack and see if it still works after the next win11 update