Win 7 High Compression

Discussion in 'Other Tools' started by -c0dez3ro-, Jan 11, 2015.

1. -c0dez3ro-

-c0dez3ro- Moderator Staff Member

how do i get pass this
    Untitled-1.png

sorry i know im asking random questions in this thread

2. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

That is the Zone information in the LastOS Tweaks, if you install the tweaks it'll get rid of any future zone information on the downloads you get:

Search for the word Zone in ssApp.reg if you want to see what I am talking about, there is a huge list of numbers near the end of the tweaks that is needed as well as all but one of the other zone search sections.

3. -c0dez3ro-

here are some tweaks im trying out on my new build .i wanted to keep all my tweaks in there own reg file so i know what is what....

more to come

Attached Files:

4. -c0dez3ro-

i went to update VM to VirtualBox_v4.3.26-98988. .. this verison will not work with builder or the high compression tool you made , how can we fix this?.. the only version of vm that works for me atleast is VirtualBox_v4.3.12-93733+Ext.Pack

5. Glenn

I truly do not know. It's been over 40 days since I ran the builder or scripts, I've not even upgraded my Virtualbox to the 2 new versions we've had.

I don't really have plans until after Windows 10 goes final and I see if it's still worth developing them, no one will continue using Windows 8 once Windows 10 is released and I am not sure any of the work I do now would be relevant to Win 10 and I will be fully embracing the Win 10 cycle or give up on PC's all together.

6. -c0dez3ro-

well i plan on giving win 10 a try but im waiting on a final build .. win 8 i will never use . .... ill go back tot he one that works

7. bphlpt

bphlpt A lowly staff member Staff Member

While this might be true, the more I see, the more I don't like any of the Win8.x+ OS, and the happier I am in staying with Win7, and I don't think I am alone. But there will be folks that want , for whatever reason, to use those upgraded downgraded OS. So I think that continuing to evolve the builder to work correctly with all the various OS and other updated apps will still have value.

8. Glenn

The thing is I no longer develop to save other people time, I only develop to save myself time. So I will not be re-making the builders etc to support older OS's with newer software/updates as the original builders I released worked with the versions they were intended for and having the latest software isn't a big deal unless it has security problems or lacks features you need. The fact remains it's better to sysprep your own OS manually than it is to automate one through a builder (if you really care about customizing your OS's beyond integrating updates).

I can make any OS tolerable just using ssWPI post install, so that is what I do now, a MS update is usually a 15 minute job and I don't have to stick around for it and with MS pushing out 790MB updates every few months, it's hardly worth integrating them for home users, unless you install more PC's than the 2 I do per month now.

9. Trouba

Trouba Administrator Staff Member

You could just figure out what you want any builder to do, and do it manually. If you want only ISO-Overlay stuff, you just add that to the ISO, you don't have to mount any image for that so easy.

I'm not sure what the VirtualBox problem is, but if you remember I have been talking several times about how after v4.3.12, or thereabout, VB started checking for patched system files on the host OS and throwing errors when you try running VMs. So if you have uxtheme files or other dll's patched, VB may throw errors running VMs. Maybe that's your problem? The last couple of Win7 install I've actually installed without any patched system files, so I'm not annoyed when using VB. If you want to run 3d party visual styles, you can use UXTheme Multi-Patcher (14.2) which will inject into memory and not patch any system files. It does require process run at all times, so it's like running Classic Shell in that regard. So if you don't use any patched system files, you don't need to mount the install.wim either, so then even less need for a builder.

-c0dez3ro- likes this.
  10. -c0dez3ro-

i actually been using UXTheme Multi-Patcher (14.2) .. i do remember you saying VB has been on drugs lately lol ..i just figured after so many updates since then it might of been fixed .