LastXP Discussion

Discussion in 'LastXP' started by The Freezer, Mar 4, 2018.

1. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

The original LastXPv22.iso.torrent is also not working

2. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Does anyone still have LastV? The torrent for LastV v1 isn't working!

3. The Freezer

The Freezer Just this guy, you know Staff Member

4. The Freezer

5. The Freezer

"LastXPv22_USB.(RON.Core).iso" -- which currently has 4 seeds -- is the revised & fixed version of LastXP v22.

This is the post where I explained that:

m345 likes this.
  6. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Even v15 and v16?

7. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Could you PM me that too please Freezer?

8. The Freezer

Not quite yet, the site is still in transition. I'll make an announcement when all's ready.

Plus, I'll likely make the public releases FTP available to all. It'll be read-only -- like the directories -- but allows for batch downloading instead of one at a time.

bphlpt and Glenn like this.
  9. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Even better!

Glenn likes this.
  10. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Freezer, before those standalone ISOs were unavailable, there was a torrent for LastXP v16.2.3! I tried that torrent and I got nothing from it!

11. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

There are some ppGames in the LastXP v20 CD!

12. Glenn

Glenn Administrator Staff Member

I have the original LastXP v20 CD and DVD versions and neither of them have actual games (except for the few you can play during the setup phase), they do however have the builders (cracks etc) as a ppApp. if your version has games then it must have been a re-release by Ghost or someone who added their own games.

13. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Somebody had a torrent for LastXP v16.2.3!

14. Glenn

They were all released as Torrents by me, just no seeds remain and the source was lost to a drive failure... As LastOS's are a progression, just assume LastXP v17 and v22 are the only ones you need, depending if you want SP2 or SP3... Or if you want SOX (v22 no Internet Explorer and only free apps)

15. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Even v15 and is it possible to revive dead torrents?

16. Glenn

No, Torrents are reliant on seeds or multiple leechers with the complete files/parts between them. So these dead torrents will never come back unless someone who used to use LastXP's shows up to LastOS.org and shares it again :)

The Freezer likes this.
  17. 6100m

6100m Member

18. The Freezer

As I said, ppGames (the concept) was introduced with v20 but none were included. I think that might've had something to do with "Link Luster" support of them -- which previously had introduced the concept of ppApps, I believe.

No ppGames came included with LastXP until v22 SOX.

19. The Freezer

I'll let Glenn field this one ... ;)

Myself I've had no issues installing any of the LastXP's on a VM (such as VirtualBox, my favorite). But on modern real-world hardware, I've encountered some that won't even allow Windows 7 to install...! :what:

20. 6100m

6100m Member

Yeah hopefully @Glenn knows what the problem is. Also I meant to say that it does that when it reboots when the "main setup" is finished. But yeah, I'll try again and see if i can fix it.

21. Glenn

Looks to me like the HDD might be set to GPT, or UEFI problem or too much hardware connected during setup, in the days of Windows XP we included Driver packs, these can also mis-detect some hardware. But the final things it can be is Chipset or Mass storage controller drivers - these were often needed to be supplied at the first part of setup via a floppy disk or by manually integrating them, the ONLY way around this was to revert to IDE mode in your BIOS instead of AHCI. this will slow down your PC's read and write speeds for the whole OS, you can not install as IDE and change to AHCI after as the driver needs to be set during setup.

Keep in mind that I haven't used Windows XP on hardware any newer than 2008, so you may even have found a new bug that even I never had.

The error shows as unable to read from the HDD tho, so it's relating to that.

22. SSJ9KDylan

SSJ9KDylan Guest

Fun fact: with those latest DriverPacks, Windows XP can actually work on some modern computers! I bet that LastXP v23 and v24 are unofficial!

23. Please Help me~!
    I tried to download LastXP v22 by torrent but it cant download and saying connecting to peers and it takes so long...
    Please do something

24. Hey, I need LastXP v20 But whenever I Download by the torrent, It takes long by saying connecting to peers....please send me the better link of torrent or direct download so that I can download easily

25. Glenn

The Server that hosts them is currently gone... They may never re-connect unless it is rebuilt.